Looking for a Silat Dojo in orlando

Discussion in 'Silat' started by SpirtualFighter, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

Good for you for taking the leap and stepping up on the training floor! I think that you will find over time that your leg strength is going to significantly improve. The lower movement and the way that Silat works your leg's is very impressive. Good luck!

2. Swalesey

Swalesey New Member

The postures we use take their strength from some odd combinations of muscle groups. As with most things, time is what will make those legs strong :)
    I suppose riding a bike would excercise the muscle groups you, and me need to train up. Either that or depok, raya, sepok, raya. Repeat as you see fit :p

3. waleedalmushara

waleedalmushara New Member

hey sundawarrior,

i was recently blown away by the silat i've seen from kang cecep arif rahman. since i may be going to indonesia soon, i wanted to ask you if you had trained with him (it seems you have trained with him from some of your posts), and if so what you think of him as a teacher and as a guy. also, what your evaluation is of cikalong and panglipur styles in general. i have some chinese partial arts experience and a very little escrima, but have never taken silat, only 'cause it is rare to find it in the places i've been.

appreciate any help you can give...

waleed