LOOK AT ME!!! I passed the Sakki Test!

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by althaur, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

lol, maybe they should do it with a laser light show and smoke?

2. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

OMG! They could turn it into a light saber! With sound effects!

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

It's been done.....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0TSnpwx45Q"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0TSnpwx45Q[/ame]

4. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

I think at this point you have to post the video in question so that we can see what in particular was so egregious. It's not hard to imagine, but I'd like to see it all the same so that everyone else can see what you mean. (You said you wouldn't link it in that post but the thread's gone beyond that now. :) )

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I made no snide comments about someone because they practice an art. I made a blatant comment about people and the way they react to external non-invasive behaviour. I also had a dig at ninjutsu in general. :)

6. Giovanni

people are not fair game.

martial arts are. so is religion, but that's another thread. :)

well, sometimes people are fair game. i think i told hannibal once years ago that my deadly hapkido would crush his boxing, because of rulez!

7. Hannibal

Was my response polite or did you get The Hound version?

8. Bronze Statue

Bronze Statue Valued Member

Deleted.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  9. VoidKarateka

VoidKarateka Valued Member

Sign me up for a full, limited edition boxset on blu ray. That sounds awesome.

10. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

[​IMG]

11. Giovanni

i think at the time i thought it was 'hannibal the cannibal' like, and while i haven't gone through all my posts to find out, i probably deserved it for being a dingus.

it's an interesting thing: authority. i think we want to believe that the person we're giving our time and money to knows what they're talking about. the dojang i went to literally says on it's website: martial art, not sport.

first, found out my "grandmaster" smoked cigarettes. then he started railing on judo in hapkido class one day, right after i took a test judo class and got owned. it was pretty interesting. this judo gym in chicago....

http://www.jjichicago.com/

bills itself as kind of an old school judo place, that also does a lot of newaza. granted, i got to roll with a 6th dan judoka, but the guy put me in a scarf hold and it felt like someone had dropped a marble statue of a guy on top of me. that's when i really started questioning what i was learning at the dojang.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  12. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Sorry to get OT, but this was timely because we had a new guy start training at our BJJ gym several weeks ago and he is a purple belt from another school. He obviously has some solid BJJ skills; however we had a nice surprise this past Sunday when our coach turns the class over to this guy.

Turns out he is a dan level judoka and he gave us a nice seminar on throws and it was eye opening.

13. althaur

althaur Hunting scum

Giovanni, I agree there should be room for acknowledging growth. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your accomplishments. There is huge difference between someone showing a photo holding their certificate next to Sensei and a 6 minute long video with back-story, music, slo-motion, implications or destiny being fulfilled, etc.

So many want to be a special little flower instead a part of the forest. Last time I checked, Normski is the only special little one around here. And he's special because he licks the windows in the bus. :p

14. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

I believe I have just seen the video you are talking about. I think this guy used to post here or maybe others have posted his clips before. IIRC he has been Bujinkan, then Genbukan, and now back to Bujinkan?

1. Is there a reason he could not sit in seiza?
    2. He doesn't roll
    3. He appears to move too early

Is that the one?

15. althaur

althaur Hunting scum

Gapjumper, it may be.

I won't post the video simply because I'm not going to publicly humiliate or bash a person by name unless they are lying about something or someone, OR are a harm to themselves or others. If the person in the video knows it's him/her I'm talking about and choose to publicly admit it, that's different. I'll post the video at that time and have the discussion. Otherwise, they can ignore it or look in the mirror without feeling they need to publicly defend themselves.

16. Hannibal

Then your rant is meaningless as no one can look at teh video and counterpoint or retort or even (gasp!) agree with you

17. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Awwwww thanks josh, love you too. Xxxxx

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  18. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Althaur you don't have to post it; however you've most likely given people enough information to figure it out. ;)

19. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

There's a pretty famous guy who meets that -Kan description (he's always very hostile to the one he's not in at the moment, online, I've noticed), but I had assumed (perhaps wrongly) that he's been an instructor for over a decade. Google does reveal a Warrior Academy godan video that's over three minutes long, but I haven't watched it.

20. Hannibal

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTLS9uQXkwY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTLS9uQXkwY[/ame]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.