Location, Location for FMA

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Lucy O'Malley, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Crucible

Crucible Valued Member

What happened? You get injured?

2. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

can i join too? hmmm.. gotta save money to buy rounds of san migs and practice my drunken stickmaster technique :D

3. juramentado

juramentado lean, mean eating machine

nope, just inactive. too much work, not enough time to train..:(

4. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

Either way, welcome back Pit Bull!

- Matt

5. juramentado

Thanks Matt. I do think I'll be visiting MAP more often from now on. :)

6. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

sir can i just join the san mig + sisig :p , then i'll just watch the sparring :D lol.

7. Brunstick

Brunstick (^_^) I need a girlfriend

oooh! this sounds like fun! although i'm fairly new here at MAP, could i join in the festivities too? beer+sisig+kali! sounds like a hell of a hangover, but in a good way! we could go drinking at my house in manila too (if i'm there)!

take care guys,

-nico-

8. Crucible

Crucible Valued Member

I know how that is, been there many times. I'll second the welcome back!

9. mike-a

mike-a Eskrima Geek

Sounds like you guys'll have a blast. I'm jealous :(

I've got a question, I figure san mig = san miguel, but what is sisig?

I'd ordinarily ask the filipino guy I train with, but I haven't seen him since this came up.

10. Brunstick

sisig is a local food that goes well with either rice or alcohol. it's made with pork snout, ears, etc. basically the really fatty stuff that goes straight to your arteries. really tasty too! :D

11. mike-a

mike-a Eskrima Geek

Yikes, sounds pretty stodgy!

Sparring after that stuff and beers should be very... entertaining!

12. shootodog

shootodog restless native

sisig is actually just half a pig head (left over from lechon), that is chopped with equal amount of white onions. add red hot labuyo peppers and cook in butter.

13. Brunstick

shootodog said it better than i could have. it's also sometimes served with mayo or egg or pig brains (pig brains, yumyum! tasty!)

i used to live on the stuff (sisig and beer) when i was still living in the philippines. :D

14. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

OK I've eaten a Haggis after hearing what's in it but I think I'd draw the line here,

on saying that though, I said the same thing about a Kebab before I saw one when I'd had a few ;)

15. shootodog

new jersey! hey man! the orig has the brain always (or at least half). best sisig is where it came from: angeles city near the train tracks (sa may riles). best sisg in manila is debatable and have seen many a challenges go out in heated debates over it. but my bet goes to the following: aysees, trelis, cabalen (the first resto to serve sisig in manila), tita merci's, and a little known place known as tito larry's (i think this venue is gone forever).

hig: don't knock it till you've tried it! the only thing keeping me from eating it on a regular basis is my high blood pressure.

16. Brunstick

shootodog, aysee? near ultra? i used to eat at that place after school all the time!

17. juramentado

*gets on soapbox

ahm...I do suggest that the little MAP gathering here refrain from consuming endangered wildlife :) I wish we can serve bayawak (monitor lizard) and maybe some deer or fruit bat and these are just delicious but they are endangered so let's stick to the usual weird Filipino fare :D

*steps off soapbox

But pigs and other domesticated animals are by all means not endangered, and I'm sure shootodog and the other Filipinos here can introduce the guests to the other parts of these animals that are suprisingly edible and quite tasty. :D

cheers!

18. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

I was doing great till I heard the Pig Brains bit,
    trust me though,
    If I'm ever over there I'll try it (might need a few beers to help the appetite though :p )

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  19. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Valued Member

sisig from trellis rulezzz!

you guys like "balut" too?

20. shootodog

and so it begins...

in this country it seems that fma'ers love to talk about: 1) nice sticks, 2) good techniques, 3) knives, 4) food, 5) beer and food

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005