Li & Zun's "Combat Techniques of Tai Ji, Xing Yi, and Ba Gua" - Anyone check it out?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by wonk, Mar 8, 2006.

1. wonk

wonk Valued Member

I just saw a blurb for Lu Sheng Li & Zhang Yun's The Combat Techniques of Tai Ji, Xing Yi, and Ba Gua : Principles and Practices of Internal Martial Arts (ISBN: 1583941452 ) on amazon.com ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...200835-1035263?no=*&s=books&v=glance&n=283155 ).

The description reads as follows:

As yet there are no reader reviews.

Anyone get a chance to look this over?

If so, what did you think?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2006
  2. dimmak

dimmak Banned Banned

That book is probably filled with great philosophies and ideas, but I seriously doubt it has anything useful to be incorporated in actual combat...If it does, someone needs to prove it, and by that, I dont mean a silly demonstration where an opponent is not even fighting back to his full potential.

3. Kaitain

Kaitain Valued Member

Since you haven't read it, how on earth can you give an opinion on it? Jeez.

Wonk - it's a good book, but I think you need to have a good practical grounding in one of the IMA's to be able to 'get' what he's telling you about the IMA's. The form he presents is interesting - it's basically "from the arts I have mastered, these techniques are a good basic set to work from". It's a combat focussed book with a lot of information. Worth a look imho.

4. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

I haven't long started reading this. Haven't got too far through it so can't give a big review. But as said above, if you have at least a little experience with any of them it'll help in understanding what he's saying :)

I'm finding it quite interesting. It's worth a look :cool: