Leaving the Bujinkan

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Kikaku, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Same with us, as The Door, he nearly broke my nose because when we punch we go for each other, obviously a bit of a........... :cry:

2. LongShot

LongShot New Member

'But it isnt the intructors fault... he often stress's that one should do it with realism... its the students who dont seam to want to get hurt or hurt...

The only way i could get around this was to train with certain students. but not always possible...

3. Virus909

Virus909 Valued Member

"bujinkan does not provide realism what so ever"

"When i trained with my friends in the dojo some people when throwing punches (which i am guilty) tended never to emitate a real punch, instead of punching to the back of the head they would go slightly to one side giving enough time for you to move even if you were asleep"

Where are you quoting from?

4. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Same at our, some do some dont, some of us like to kick seven shades out of each other, Spooky broke Al Bundy's ribs last week!!

Realism is there if you want it, if you want to whinge like a girl then thats your choice.

5. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Oops, mea culpa. I was quoting from Longshot's post (#15). I'll go back and add the source now. Sorry for any confusion. :eek:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  6. Venganza

Venganza New Member

I agree there are many students that no matter how much you stress that it needs to be realistic and that you need to put the strikes in some people won't. Its usually a case of trust and confidense the higher grades will lay into each other but thats more of an experience thing (well in some cases they just don't plain like someone). To get round this, one of my old instructors would threaten to put it in (the strike that is) if they didn't. But as far as realism goes i have always felt that the bujinkan have it in spades. Students get injured all the time, i myself have woken up in the morning after training and felt like i have been hit by a bus. How much more real do you want it? But i think it depends on what level of realism the student decides on.

7. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

You had been, it was Keith!!!! :eek:

8. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

and I don't think your Boshiken helped either ;)

:eek:

9. Venganza

Venganza New Member

dude dont even get me started on that waste of space, if he trained it would be rare goes for ozzy to. i learnt from my dad, simon and kim. Fatty didnt know anything. But i think you already know that if you have trained with him.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  10. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Where's Xen when you need to wind him up, Xen is Dan by the way! :D

11. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Injuries should not be a regular occurence in training. That would be kind of stupid! But perhaps the risk of injury needs to be present a bit more in some people's training.

Longshot said:-
    Yes it is. Assuming that the instructor knows what he's doing, it's his job to get this stuff across to the students - that's what he is there for! If he doesn't know how to get the point across then he needs to explore different teaching methodologies.

12. Venganza

Venganza New Member

Yeah i know daz told me he was on here. dan that is

13. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

thats right, we are down to just one hospital visit a week now!

14. Venganza

Venganza New Member

i usually rap the students in bubble rap before lesson saves time

15. Virus909

Virus909 Valued Member

Can anyone actually provide video footage of what they believe to be realistic training? I hear alot about these dojos that train realisticly but I've never seen it. Like bigfoot. Please demonstrate to me that this exists with a short clip of your training.

16. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

No, get off your lazy **** and train harder if you want realism.

17. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

good luck with your judo, sorry the bujinkan wasn't for you.

could you please put up a clip of what you believe 'real training' to be, as i also have heard all the stories but i still haven't seen a unicorn.

18. Virus909

Virus909 Valued Member

You are claiming that you train hard. I asked for some sort of evidence that this exists. You dodge the question. Can you provide evidence that you train hard? By "hard" I do not mean you stand still and comply while your tori smashes you. If you thought I was refering to this I apologize for not being clearer.

19. Venganza

Venganza New Member

Yeah i have that on DVD its called Jackass is it that kind of realism you want. So what Exatly do you class as real?

20. Virus909

Virus909 Valued Member

Here is a succint explanation and demonstration between alive and dead training.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2068450760833041053&q=matt+thornton&pl=true

Can anyone show me alive bujinkan training? Yes or no?