KS Hurricane check-in thread

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by ember, Sep 12, 2008.

1. ember

ember Valued Member

Seeing as the WKSA headquarters are outside Houston...

To all my friends in the area, please be safe and be well. I miss you, but I am not sorry I evacuated five months early ;)

2. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

I know that most everyone in clearlake has left, with the exception of the Harmons and Dave SBN as of thursday night. IDK if they heeded the warnings about mandatory evacs in the area. It does look like its going to be a direct hit on to galveston bay.

3. ember

ember Valued Member

I have word from a JKN in the area that the Clear Lake school appeared intact, driving by.

4. JSun

JSun Valued Member

I stayed in Houston. WOW! What a doozie. I woke up about 3:30 am on Saturday morning and it sounded like a freight train was outside my window. No water, ice or gas is available as of yet, and the news says we might now have lights for up to a week. We got hit by a cold front Saturday night after Ike and the bayous flooded so the most freeways and feeder roads are under water. Wooo-hooo! I love the elemental power of nature. Now if I could just take a shower...:cry:

5. PopeCoyote

PopeCoyote The words of the fool

Here's wishing everyone that was in the path of the storm all the best.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  6. CJ

CJ Killer of all the B.S.

I just hope every one is ok and too those that were hit. I am sure I can speak for all when I say. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

7. ember

ember Valued Member

I have reports that damage to HQ was minimal, and Magnolia (I would assume KJN Alex's Magnolia) had no problems.

The Clear Lake website also says very little damage, still no power as of 15 Sept 2008, but they were going to resume some classes today.

I IMed a coworker in Missouri City today, she said a lot of trees were down, power was spotty, but damage didn't seem too bad.