Krav Maga beats BJJ + TKD

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by DeepFreeze, Aug 21, 2006.

1. DeepFreeze

DeepFreeze Lurker

http://www.geocities.com/kravmagagolem/bjj.html

"I had spent years trying traditional martial arts.I was looking for more. I attended a Krav Maga seminar a couple of years back and was blown away at the effectiveness and simplicity of the system.

At the end of the Two day seminar, guys that had never done martial arts in their lives were kicking my TKD Black Belt ass! That was all I needed to see, I started to devour any info I could on the system. Books, Magazine articles, Video Tapes you name it. I talked a friend into training with me and between our tapes, sparring and attending as many seminars as we could we became very adept at the system.

At the last seminar we met a guy named Pedro, he said he was a BJJ Blue Belt. He was interested in what he had seen in the seminar so we invited him around for one of our garage Krav Maga nights.

When he turned up he said he wanted to lightly spar with us so we could see how good we all were. We agreed.

My friend went first and they were sizing each other up, my friend threw a couple of jabs and Pedro was throwing this funny front thrust kick at my friends knee. It wasnt very effective. Then Pedro shot in for a takedown and my friend just grabbed his head by the chin and the forehead and twisted his neck around spiralling Pedro onto the ground but with good control on one of Pedro's arms. My friend then simulated two stomps to Pedros head to let him know he won the fight.

Then Pedro sparred with me,when we were clinching I got a rear leg takedown on him as I locked up his arm with a s pattern wrap around his arm. I simulated a stomp to his throat to show I won the fight. We sparred again and this time as he shot in I grabbed his left wrist and ducked under his armpit, pulling his wrist and throwing him onto the ground. Again I pretended I stomped his head to show him I won.

Then he insisted on attacking us with a training knife to see if he could stab or slash us. The results looked very much like these pictures of Krav Maga vs a knife attack.
    He was duly impressed and says he is quitting his BJJ class to concentrate on Krav Maga. Wise move in my opinion. "

Ohmigod, the krav maga people so liek beat a tkd black belt and a bbj blue belt, I want liek do it aswell :eek:

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

LOL! What a testimonial, eh?

3. DeepFreeze

DeepFreeze Lurker

You might want to glance at the other article they have there.

"Moti Horenstein the Hebrew Hammer"

Tells a tale of a brave krav maga warrior, whose only obstacle to becoming the greatest warrior has been ufc conspiracy.

"When Moti Horenstein entered the UFC he was seen as a threat to the great cross training industry that many of the UFC's fighters were capitalising on. The UFC even had their own instructional set 'The Secrets Of THe Octagon' which covered MMA style techniques.

To ensure that Moti wasnt going to spoil this market for them they matched him against Mark Coleman in his very first MMA fight. Yes Coleman beat him but Moti showed that he was a tough guy and that his system was not so bad against the at the time unstoppable Coleman. "

Horrible, just horrible. I feer sorry for the poor man because the heartless people at UFC were all against him.

But worry not! The tale is far from finished.

"After this Moti returned to Israel and trained 12 hours a day for 3 months with the special forces. He became a lean, mean fighting machine. One that could eat UFC fighters for breakfast. "

Excellent :D

He stands now at 2-7-0. But in all reality we can all acknowledge that he is invincible. All those 7 "losses" are because of the conspiracy.

http://www.geocities.com/kravmagagolem/moti.html

4. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Good stuff, pure comedy gold :D

5. firecoins

firecoins Armchair General

He actually has a school near where I live. Its closer than my own dojo. Haven't had a chance to check the school out.

Moti is a kickboxer and krav expert. He got his ass handed to him on a silver platter and I can't understand why he complains. I don't think that ruins krav maga at all but it certainly does not prove anything positive either.
    Royce got himeslf defeated in his last UFC match. Will we all give up on BJJ? Of course not.

6. DeepFreeze

DeepFreeze Lurker

I dont really care much about Maga, but I have to defend the guy in that I dont think it was his writing. It seems more like some Krav Maga fanboy overtly enthustiastic to find something with which they could shut up the "sporties".

7. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

8. Lekta

Lekta Super-Valued Power Member

Here's my view:

The TKD I can understand, it just doesn't work(I have 5 years of ITF expereince, don't try to disregard my authenticity)

The BJJ:

The guy was a blue belt and depending on where the guy trained, he could have that belt in as little as a year. (Some places CAn take up to 2+ years). The 2 Krav Maga guys must have been doing it for awhile, since they talked about going to multiple seminars...

Expereince>The MA being praciced.

TKD is exempt from that formula.

9. Slindsay

BJJ Blue in a year or up to 2? Err, normaly I hear it's about 3 years to get you BJJ blue.

Besides, the whole story is Crap. Also, go away and understand the principle of live trainning and pressure testing

10. Jon1983uk

Jon1983uk Valued Member

To be fair here though, I never understand why people say "MMA is great because <insert other MA/style here> would never beat <insert MMA style here> in the Octagon!" :)

Of course it wouldn't, you can't prove which is a better style for combat because (aside from the obvious 'practitioner is only as good as the style' statement) they are geared towards two different events/contexts.

UFC is tournament fighting/grappling (I respect MMA styles for the aggressive mentality and sportsmanship involved, but fundementality I regard them slightly more towards the 'sports' style end of the spectrum than full-out street fighting/bar brawling, as the mat grappling and tournament aspects lean towards competition more than actual self defence in my opinion, although sports styles aren't a bad thing to me anyway and I can see uses in quite a few MMA/wrestling techiques), while Krav Maga/many kung fu styles/western boxing/etc. are trained primarily/exclusively with street situations/combat in mind.

So to put a street system into a UFC arena and say it "sucks" because it doesn't perform to a set of rules, (thus, having to change many moves in its system to accomodate) is a bit short-sighted and unfair to be honest.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
  11. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

12. Jon1983uk

Jon1983uk Valued Member

LOL! I gotta laugh at that :D I didn't notice that quote before actually, job's a good 'un! :D

13. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

If you got 3 years of TKD experience and nothing of practical application you got lousy instruction. Why did you hang around so long? In any case that's nothing to do with TKD and everything to do with your choice of Instructor.

Mitch

14. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

comedy gold

come on, be honest, you can tell us. did TKD molest your dog? did it make unwanted advances towards you? did it touch you .. in that special area?

15. mojo shorin-ryu

mojo shorin-ryu Valued Member

hm...taekwondo isnt all bad....infact ive used it in a street fight..and i won!

16. Lekta

Um how does 3=5 to you? Just wondering?

Also, I have been in fights where I was brought to the ground; did your "choice of instructor" teach you how to fight off a large man on the ground?
    Hence my choice to go to BJJ

Um how does 2+ turn into 2????

In all honesty where I train it takes 3 years to get a Blue belt...

And to the guy who talked about "special area".

You can go screw yourself, no really, go screw yourself...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  17. Slindsay

I got the impression that you found it unuusal as you said:

"The guy was a blue belt and depending on where the guy trained, he could have that belt in as little as a year. (Some places CAn take up to 2+ years)"

Where I've only heard of legit schools taking at least 3 years away.

18. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

He shot in for a takedown.....and he caught his head with two hands by the forehead and chin....Is this guy the Incredible Hulk or something? I swear this sounds like some nonsense you'd see on WWE -right before the guy gets a major backhand slapping that sends him to the mat- :rolleyes:

Whenever I see this stuff I just wanna show up and fight the person who wrote it. Funny thing how most of them are never up to that offer.

19. Lekta

Exactly, legit places take about 3 years. But they did not talk about the legitimancy of that guy's training; hence he "could" have the experience of a whitebelt.

20. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

mine told me to thrash around and scream "NOT IN THE FACE, NOT IN THE FACE"

been there, done that. it's much more fun with another person.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006