krav maga and kajukenbo

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by blp03, Oct 20, 2011.

1. blp03

blp03 New Member

Hello,

I was hoping to get some information on the differences and similarities of these arts. I've heard that they have some similarities and I've trained in krav but I wanted to know which one is more effective and practical to learn. I'm not trying to start a style v style thread. Just wanted some info on the differences and info on kajukenbo from anyone who has trained in the style. Thanks!

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

If you want to train in it, then I assume there is a class near you. So why not take the class, (first is usually free) then come back and tell us how it went? :D

3. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

From what i've heard, traditional Kajukenbo is amazing. but take chadderz advice

4. Rebel Wado

Rebel Wado Valued Member

Kajukenbo is a mix of martial arts including Karate, Judo/Jujutsu, Kenpo, American boxing, FMA, and Chinese boxing for starters, but not limited to these only. Kajukenbo is also going to have forms and preset techniques/tricks that are part of the system. Krav Maga isn't going to have preset techniques or forms as you should already know from your previous training.

The Krav Maga I've been exposed to has emphasis on military application. The Kajukenbo that I teach is a mix of self-defense and MMA application.

Similarities, both start from day one with the principle that the enemy can have a weapon and/or there could be multiple attackers. In this regard, they look very similiar.

5. Pretty In Pink

Also, Kajukembo seems pretty bad-ass. As does KM, but there are varying opinions on this forum.

6. Mangosteen

Hawaii or cali kaju usually is.
    i would argue that the way it was taught originally was much more hardcore than even JKD

7. Pretty In Pink

TAKE IT BACK!!!

Nah, our Jun Fan classes are pretty relaxed. I seen in Fight Quest that they jump each other in class, to get used to the idea xD

8. Mangosteen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adriano_Emperado

broken bones were a daily occurrence.
    unfortunately we have human rights now, so we can't train like that any more

9. Pretty In Pink

Stupid human rights, stopping all the bleeding >.>

10. Revobuzz

Revobuzz Valued Member

Kajukenbo sticks to it's roots a bit more I think. What I mean is the training is more like you would see in say a Karate class with training being both with and without a partner, whereas Krav is almost all working with a partner - no kata. I know Krav classes vary hugely though. Some are OTT military and some are more down to earth. Bothe are worth a good look at though.

11. blp03

blp03 New Member

Thanks for all the replies.