Knife laws in Texas

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by B.A. Baracus, Aug 10, 2015.

1. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Not sure how you teach yourself knife fighting without a training partner, but good work on the throwing, sounds impressive! :)

2. B.A. Baracus

B.A. Baracus Valued Member

I know you will just laugh but that's ok I will tell you anyways.

Beginning in September of this year the US economy will begin to crash. it is pre-planed. ( I don't suppose you have heard of all the wall street bankers committing suicide? there is a good reason why) It is going to escalate all the way into the November 2016 elections. They will seize ALL private bank accounts and retirement funds/pension funds. Have you seen what is going on in Greece? That is pretty much the same kinda thing that will happen here. There will be massive civil unrest and President Obama will declare martial law. This will have an intended side affect of cancelling the November elections.

There is more to it but that's all I can discuss. you wont believe me so whats the point? I can not talk about how I know this so don't ask.
    You can make fun of me all you like, BUT I will expect apologies come next November.

I would advise you to
    A- get all your money out of the US. preferably into one of the "BRICS" nations if you can. south America is also good. believe it or not thousands of Americans are moving to panama ever day.
    B- buy physical assets that do not depreciate in value like land, gold, silver, and land. Food or tradable items like cigarettes, toilet paper and liquor would be good as well.
    C- buy ammo/guns to defend "B"

3. B.A. Baracus

actually a heavy MMA bag works well. a little imagination goes along way.:)

4. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Bags don't stab back!

5. B.A. Baracus

Well I practiced on my brother a little too. he doesn't like it tho so I usually practice alone.
    But I am by no means close to where I want to be with it. I need to find me a partner to train with. but the throwing has been fun. I think its a good skill to have and its a great way to let off steam.

6. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

Kali is also a good option for knife techniques.

7. B.A. Baracus

Longview Texas.

Ya the guys helped me find a good looking MA school close by. I think I will start going there once I get settled.

What is "Kali" sorry I am somewhat new to MA

8. B.A. Baracus

Oops I just realized you asked those questions in different threads. I was reading my emails.

9. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

10. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Why throw your knife? You've given away your best advantage!

11. B.A. Baracus

Ok thanks I actually think I have heard of it. I would love to get into that.

Well under certain circumstances it might be advantageous to throw a knife.
    for instance if someone tries to draw a gun on you from 15 ft away in an ally with nowhere to run. you need to take them out before they can shoot you.

A K-Bar thrown properly is just as deadly as a gun... but can get messy.

12. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

No it isn't

A Ka-Bar WIELDED can be, but thrown is an absolute waste unless you are 100% accurate

13. B.A. Baracus

Have you ever thrown a K-Bar?
    and like I said I have spent a lot of time practicing. I am very confident in my aim. I usually practice going for the throat.

despite what you see on TV a thrown knife will not penetrate a rib cage unless it just happens to go between the ribs. the best places to strike are the throat and the lower abdominal area. if you are a bad shot you are better off going for the gut.

14. Hannibal

You are living in a dream world

Hitting a moving target with a gun is hard enough - with a knife? Forget it

How much real world combat experience do you have? Trust me, it is a terrible idea

15. B.A. Baracus

1. I shot international trap and skeet for years. I can hit a moving target just fine with a gun.

I never said a moving target. if the subject was running towards me I would probably retain my knife for close quarters work. if he was running away then it would not be legal to pig stick him.

There are certain situations where a throwing implement might be needed. both the Chinese and Japanese have incorporated throwing weapons into their martial arts.

No I have never been in a combat situation. I have never killed or maimed anyone. I see your point as to the practicality of knife throwing and admit that it is unlikely that I would ever need to use it. BUT if I ever needed to use it I could and that's what maters to me. that aside it was a fun thing to learn and I was able to teach myself and actually get very good at it. it was also good for my hand/eye coordination.

Aside from your hands and feet what weapons do you like to carry? since you look down at knives.

16. Hannibal

I love knives - in fact I guarantee few people have a bigger collection. I DESIGNED one that has been endorsed by GM Tibon of Serrada

I know knives well
    I know violence well

Throwing a knife is a bad idea...thats why FMA doesnt do it.

17. Hannibal

Throwing them is great fun! I approve 100%

Not for SD though

18. B.A. Baracus

Oh ya I love knives. that's really why I throw them. I bought a Boker dagger the other day. I don't really know what it is. it looks really old. its got a laminated leather handle like a K-Bar and the case it came with is really cool it is solid steal and it has 2 prongs that fit into my Vietnam era pistol belt. it came with a new box but the knife itself looks old. I wonder if it is some kinda replica of a "nam" area battle knife.

Since you know about knives i'll send u a pic tomorrow sometime and see if you know what it is.

19. B.A. Baracus

what kind of knife did you design?

20. Hannibal

Spear point double edged fighter - its called the "Jeet"