Kindle Fire to Nexus 7 woes

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by EmptyHandGuy, Nov 25, 2013.

1. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

I've recently upgraded from a kindle fire to a Nexus 7 tablet, which is great! I've downloaded the Amazon app store to my new tablet but am having problems with the Wing Chun Illustrated app, for some reason it won't download to my nexus 7. Since I sold my kindle fire I now cannot download the app onto that and rip it out via ES file explorer and install it that way. Was wondering if any of you kind people on MAP who own a kindle fire could rip a copy of the WCi app and share it with me?

2. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Can't help you out with the app, but I know a lot of media that Amazon sells are basically Kindle Fire only. The children's e-books they sell, for example, generally can't be used with the Kindle app on other devices; they can only be used on a Kindle Fire. Amazon Instant Video cannot be viewed on a mainstream Android device; it can only be viewed on a Kindle Fire. It wouldn't surprise me if they flagged certain apps they sell as "Kindle Fire compatible only" as well so that they wouldn't recognize that they could work on other Android devices, even if there was no actual incompatibility with that Android device's hardware.

3. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Have you looked at this?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Wing-Illustrated-Kindle-Tablet-Edition/dp/B009D9X0LU"]Amazon.com: Wing Chun Illustrated(Kindle Tablet Edition): Appstore for Android[/ame]

Wondered if this wasn't what you had/wanted?

price was $ 0.00

? :' )

LFD

4. Late for dinner

5. EmptyHandGuy

Yes that is the app that I'm after, I had it on my kindle fire but it won't download from the amazon app store onto my nexus 7. It does actually work on non kindle android tablets as I had it on my Acer B1 and it worked fine! Should have saved a copy of it before I sold the kindle fire but forgot :eek:

6. Late for dinner

I contacted amazon because the app does not even exist in the in the app store.

There was review in august that made it sound like the app wasn't working properly anymore anyways.

let's see what response I get from amazon

:' D

LFD

7. EmptyHandGuy

All sorted now, exchanged my Nexus for a kindle fire HD so now have access to my stuff! Thanks for the help though! Still be interested in hearing what amazon have to say if they ever get back to you!
    As for it not appearing in the app store, it didn't on my nexus but did in the my apps section as I had it on my kindle previously.