kickboxing any good?

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Legend Awakens, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

cro cop managed a one hit k.o. on igor :D maybe he has the deadly touch? (or maybe its just that his legs are the size of most peoples abdomen)

2. InsaneSocrates

InsaneSocrates New Member

your supposed to wait for opening then strike withit..you set it up i think

3. notquitedead

notquitedead used to be Pankration90

InsaneSocrates...I don't even know what to say. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter how much you set your shot up or wait for an opening, there is no guarantee your going knock someone out.

4. OBCT

OBCT New Member

I find the easiest way to knock someone out is from a lock, there is easy to find artery/vein sits on the collar bone, hold it and it cuts blood to the brain. takes about 20 secs though.

As to the one hit K.O, i think its not as much the set up, the skill, power, accuracy or ability as it is luck.

5. cybermonk

cybermonk New Member

I think Dan Docherty knocked out a guy with one hit in the Asian championships, Tai chi practitioner :D.

6. notquitedead

If you get a good choke in deep, they can be out as fast as 3-5 seconds. If the choke is good, they will be seeing starts within the first second, and soon they'll be out.

7. danceofdeath

danceofdeath Yaw-Yan PASAY

damn! noone could have said it better. hehe. never thought of it that way. hehe.

8. danceofdeath

danceofdeath Yaw-Yan PASAY

how? watch mirko crocop. hehe. hell answer your question with a very predictable left roundhouse to the head of his opponent. well there's also mr. axe murderer wandy! lol. hell also answer your question with a very predictable knee strikes to the face of his opponent. hehe. those two are a just a couple of the many effective strikers thatl answer your question. =P

9. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Aha! i knew some pedantic person would say that ;), hence the fact i put "capable". :p (now im being pedantic :D )

10. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Aha! i knew some pedantic person would say that ;), hence the fact i put "capable". :p (now im being pedantic :D )

You fell for my trap Pankration my friend :)

ps: you managed to get that video compressed yet buddy?

11. notquitedead

No I don't know how to do it.:confused:

12. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I love these sort of posts, it reminds me of all them old kungfu films

"Ha, you cannot defeat me, my style is undefeated!"

"you think so huh? you style is weak and predictable"

13. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

The winning post in this thread has got to go to YODA. A classic, and due to be my next sigature :D

14. cobrakhanmember

cobrakhanmember New Member

itmay be predictable but we do them over and over again so that we have them down to a fine art. then when we fight we don't have to think about them we just do them.That makes us fast. want to spar with me to prove that i'm right :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :cry:

15. As much as it paint me to say it... kickboxing is... USELESS!!

That's right folks. We are predictable sloths who can only punch and kick. We are VERY predictable.

Dude, seriously though, are you being serious with this thread? Why do we learn martial arts in any form? After all, some guy with a gun would kill us all :rolleyes:

16. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

a gun?.....kinda predictable dont ya think

17. Yeah, but it's t3h d34dly

18. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Ahhh, don't you just love it when ancient and stupid threads get resurrected? ;)

19. Nah man - we get to laugh again :)

20. Shuri

Shuri Valued Member

Been training in Karate for some time now and ive trained and sparred with a few boxers and kick boxers... Boxers impress me simply because of their conditioning and the fact that they can take a hit and just smile at you.

Now picture that, but then give them the techniques of a Karate-ka and you pretty much have a kickboxer. A good kick is a good kick, a good punch a good punch... The major difference i see is that kickboxers train harder, they are generally more conditioned, and they can really take a hit.............

So you can put any art against a kickboxer and they will have a time with em.. I like kickboxing... I just wish more Karate Dojo's trained with the intensity that kickboxing does.

Ninjutsu??????? Whats that? I dont think its a such thing is it?