Ki Cho Jah Gi #3 changed?

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Ferran, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Ferran

Ferran Valued Member

Uhm... One of my 'Jr.' instructors told us last monday (there's been sort of a mini-holyday, here, so I haven't posted it before) that KCJG (is that some sort of 'canon' spelling?) 3 had a small change right at the beggining: instead of closed fists that explode into upen palms and turn, we have open palms that turn explosively.

Does anybody know why? I feel better with the 'old' option (the new one feels 'softer', but that might be as intended).

2. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

i've always done it starting with open palms. its also how book one shows it to be done :)

3. coc716

coc716 Just Some Guy

<AOL>Me too!</AOL>

We've always done it with palms open.

4. Bahng Uh Ki

Bahng Uh Ki Valued Member

Different people do palms open or closed at the beginning on lots of Ki Cho Jah Gi differently. I attempt to follow the highest ranking person and remember what he does.

How important do people feel is correct form on Ki Cho Jah Gi? People do them all SORTS of ways.

5. JSun

JSun Valued Member

Same here

6. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

On all of them your fingers should remain spread as wide as can be, but the hand shouldn't be tight. I think the reason why it was done like that(hands closed then opened) was to put emphasis on spreading your fingers. Or it (opening your fingers fast) might have been to "shoot" the Ki into/through your hands/fingers. I believe in the videos when they(KSN and senior masters) kept their fingers opened, but I might be mistaken, haven't watched those things in a decade.( They are kinda out dated, but most of the material still can be used as a refresher)