Kenpo/Kajukenbo Fighting Clips

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by Nuck Chorris, Apr 19, 2007.

1. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

I told you I thought you were similar to me (and a real good catch for some nice lady), only I have a grandaughter 1 year younger than you.

That is not a diss it is a compliment. But some on this thread are now going to tell you what a loony you are (hopefully you will be a black belt or you might be offered one if they can call you crazy along with it). If you stay the way you are in 40 years you will still be working out and training.
    That is the good thing :D part of it. I already told you the other two :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clint_Eastwood

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Van_Cleef

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eli_Wallach

Gary

2. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

I'm honored, and I'm not crazy I've just lost my mind and my patience :D

And what's your granddaughter doing next weekend? :Angel:

3. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

She is commited. :love: What a glorious thing...No Dan not to a room. :D

Gary

4. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Yep. I thought there was a similarity between you two.

5. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

WTH!!! Either put up videos or quit with the trolling comments back and forth Dan and Gary.....and everyone else who feels the need to add their irrelevant 2 cents :bang:

You both need to move on already....stop causing me to have to lock threads already :bang: Heck, I can do it all day if you like :rolleyes:

6. KempoFist

You lock threads for excessive "noise" and/or unintentional derailment too? I thought if it was just for flaming, swearing, petty sidetracked arguments.

7. Nuck Chorris

Nuck Chorris I prefer North South

D
    RAIL
    D
    RAIL
    D
    RAIL
    D
    RAIL
    D
    RAIL
    D
    RAIL
    D
    RAIL
    D
    RAIL

I think we need to make a special forum JUST for Danjo and Gary. If they get this thread locked down, it is only fair. We trolled the **** outa Gary's thread.

8. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

I wish I had some videos to share. No, not that one :eek: LOL...

I will try to contain my usual vigor. The moderator has been very attentive with my posts and threads. He has good patience, and we did run the other one for 275 or there-abouts, not bad.

I have tried to post some picures but I don't seem to be privilaged with the amount of KB's others are allowed... :confused:

I'll just limit my post's to exclaiming the general peanut gallery stuff. Danjo and I are actually having a friendly banter, not bad, I thought? Oh well. :p

Regards,
    Gary

9. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

wow, what is the point of all that? worst. taekwondo. ever.

:p

10. Nuck Chorris

Nuck Chorris I prefer North South

Point Karate tournaments. What can I tell you other than what I have already written:

We don't point fight in class. It was a purple belt of mine competing in the KSDI Brown belt division and he took first place. We usually show up to that tournament because it is Sijo Emperado's tournament and it is good to see family. My students compete cause they are there and to support Sijo. I let them compete in anything they want as long as they win.

On a point Karate tournaments in general, this one happens to be one that allows the most contact. Bobby has competed in the past at a few local point tournaments and has been disqualified each time. As have a lot of my fighters. Personally, I would like to see something more along the lines of amateur pancrase divisions or at the very least something similar to Kyukushin tournaments. Most people don't want to get blasted in the face - especially the kiddies, but to get disqualified for too much hitting is kinda...

Ghey.

11. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

I believe I recognize the ref in this one, he was at the Chow Memorial. Hurt his ankle pretty bad. Big guy.
    I think the size difference is not right, but then maybe they were all they had to compete. It gets tricky with kids and age. It is good for them to do it like that IMHO...The hard shots to the face should not happen IMHO.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTV-T-OcMM0"]Adult Fighting Brn Blt Div 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Egos are not good in many of the competition's. First why would you want to beat a little guy and why does the little one want to get beat? :confused:

I know "Benny the jet" beat up all comers, NOT....

Parents are the cause and effect, or is it affect? Oh well, it is not a perfect world.

Gary

12. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Yeah. Poor Benny. I bet he just cries over how much he sucked.

13. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

The last time I competed down in a San Diego tourney, it was based on weight class not height. I'm not tall at all yet I fought a guy who was at least 6'1". Unfortunately for me, I weighed the same as he did :eek:

Did I worry about the height difference? No Did I worry about how much contact there might be? No Did I worry about where I may or may not get hit? No

Why? Because it was a freaking sparring match where strikes and kicks were being thrown, sometimes at the sametime. If I got whacked, he got whacked. If it was hard contact, then I gave the same back....that's what happens when you spar with one another :rolleyes:

14. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

That's pretty close to Gary's experience. The last time he sparred, he got hit in the hand and he then refused to go back until they talked to his son first.

15. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

No, you have taken that totally out of context. He is one of the great's.

Gary

16. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Yea, another you are totally wrong about.

But anyway. ;)

Gary

17. KempoFist

Ya know, all of this bickering makes me wish I lived in California. Nice beaches, beautiful bikini wearing girls, every MA gym I've wanted to train at, and endless Gong Sau's to my hearts desire!

18. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Yea, well that was your choice and not a childs choice, based on what a parent is doing, some of the stuff is actually unfair to the child IMHO. But that is another story. I was talking about the kids, not adults. Parent's are notorious for forcing kids into something they don't want to do. Seen it lots when working as a LEO...

Many good programs out there and many a bad one. Mostly the MA's are not regulated as much. Small schools and not covered by the regulations.

Gary

19. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Oh Sorry. Maybe I read this wrong:

Gary Wrote: "I remember a school I visited (actually joined in addition to another I was at, [he trained in a FMA I wanted to learn Estalilla system, good style] for a year) the school has a few mean spirited youth as instructors. Good at the game they played, but toast if messing with me.

I told him to warn them if they pulled any cheap stuff I would reciprocate and hurt them... He thought I was joking or just an old guy who had to much time on his hands. I explained he needed to talk to my son, before I showed up any more. He did and things were just fine with all involved. But the cheap shots and kids stuff still occured with others. Sparring is one thing and mutual adjustments are done"

20. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

I am not bickering I am making a concerted effort to actually converse, but you can see monkey see, monkey do in the last few post's.

Gary