Katana

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by SPAWNPAIN, Nov 3, 2003.

1. RubyMoon

RubyMoon New Member

When it comes to life or death self defense, I see no reason not to use the most effective and deadliest weapon available. If that happens to be a katana, fine. Most people would probably choose a gun, but guns aren't necessarily the best solution for every situation.

I would be vehemently opposed to drawing a katana, or any other deadly weapon, in any situation short of desperate defense of life and limb. The moment the weapon leaves the home, you're asking for trouble. Using deadly force against an intruder in your home is one thing. Using it on the street is quite another and will more than likely land you in prison, or worse.

2. DexterTCN

DexterTCN New Member

'intent' is also a crime.

3. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

I agree. Carrying it about is asking for trouble.mainly form the police. BUt if i had one next to me i would use it but only in a life or death situation. NOthing else (unless threatining famiily/friends with hostile action when they are in my house at 3 in the morning.):)

4. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

"Intent" to do what?
    In what country?

5. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

If you are carrying a samurai sword around in teh UK u would be done fo posession of a brutal wepon. If you said u intended to use it for self defence oouwould be arrested or "done" for intent.

Happened to someone know.

6. SPAWNPAIN

SPAWNPAIN New Member

I agree. Carrying it about is asking for trouble.mainly form the police. BUt if i had one next to me i would use it but only in a life or death situation. NOthing else (unless threatining famiily/friends with hostile action when they are in my house at 3 in the morning.)

:p That's what im talking about, imnot walking in the streets with a katana in my hands, it is for my house only to defend my family and loved ones inside my house :)

There are peolple who have guns in their houses and they don't even know how to use them, i rather have a katana insted that's it. :cool: