Kata =/= Cheerleading?

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by KempoFist, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

It's killing itself! It makes our job easier!

2. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Its all the OT posting thats killing it :D

3. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

At least we know where Gary is for those three days:

Attached Files:

4. John Bishop

John Bishop Valued Member

Hey, back on topic

Attached Files:

5. Nuck Chorris

Nuck Chorris I prefer North South

I have seen my fair share of cheerleading kata. You can still find some people amongst the garbage where you can say to yourself - yes, that is how it should be done. I have a lot of appreciation for those who can do a traditional kata well. My brain shuts off when I see the backflips and the mortal combat music turns on.

6. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

What about when "Kung Fu Fighting" comes on? My dojo did a demo to some music, but it was different than the "make your own kata" show that is being done now.

7. Nuck Chorris

Sounds so much better. I am glad your standards at your dojo are so high!

8. Nuck Chorris

That image is great. Gary looks slimmer in that picture though. Nutrasystem Gary???

9. Gufbal1981

Ok. Everything they did was a traditional kata. We just needed music to help them keep their energy up and get the crowd going. Plus, I don't run a studio anymore... :(

10. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Valued Member

some kata is ok. im not a fan of forms but i can understand them. some of the team forms are awful to watch. one tkd team form i saw on youtube was so bad i almost quit tkd because of it. it was so bad i got physically ill

11. SifuJason

SifuJason Valued Member

I just watched the video. I am crying inside, and gap-jawed on the outside. I think I have been scarred for life.

12. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

LOL

But in response to Nuck, why do you like "traditional" kata better? And what is traditional kata? Most of the crap you see out there was invented within the past 20-30 years, and for all the wrong reasons. Personally I'd rather watch a cool XMA kata demo than a "traditional" one. At least the XMA guys have a real purpose.....looking damned cool wishing they were in the matrix :)

13. Nuck Chorris

Traditional. You know. Where they wear sparkly uniforms and twirl a graphite purple bo over their heads while standing on one leg and kicking the length of the ring.

14. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Isn't that the 'modern' traditionalist :p

15. KempoFist

Don't make me sick junior on you! He wouldn't like it if he heard you were talking about his sparkling jeweled kamas or purple bo staff!
    [​IMG]

16. Gufbal1981

Awwww. he's so cute!

17. KempoFist

Enabler!!!

18. Gufbal1981

LOL!

19. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Gary, did they at least let you keeps the new duds?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  20. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Jeez Danjo you are zealous to say the least.

Since the pictures, I have let my hair grow out and am clean shaven so no one will recognize me... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.