Kajukenbo "The original MMA"

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by BGile, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Oh Crap! Well, what if we put "MMA" or "Aliveness" on the certificate?

2. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

Ahem, I bring this back to the table. http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34561&referrerid=10275

This is what I know of him. Thus far all I have seen of him is doing impractical SD moves in LARP fashion, and ranting on like an idiot about how in self defense it's better to keep you chin high and exposed. So after seeing that I'm supposed to think he's some dangerous master of martial arts? A guy who runs his opinions contrary to every legitimate and qualified martial artist in the world?

Arrogant? Perhaps. I've been called arrogant for the last 4 years of my life. Unfortunately my accusers always seem to be the ones who are arrogant, spouting off baseless claims, and expecting people to take their word as gold. Those that have much to lose for being exposed as the frauds and clueless martial LARPers that they are, who truly don't know even the bare basics of unarmed combat that they profess themselves to be instructors, masters, and professors of.

So excuse me, while I let your comments run down my back Dan, at least until you bring something to the table I can contemplate worth giving a damn about.

3. KempoFist

What if they fought me and were capable of doing anything besides getting choked out? What if they came from a reputable school, that at least has a fight team so you know that they are not training in an isolated bubble? The best Jits or Kickboxing instructor in the world could open a school, but if his students don't get out there, they will always be sub-par to the competition.

4. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Danjo, Please this is the quote.

Pretty close KempoFist. Any girl who gets you is lucky :cool: You seem to have an ability to seek and find and tell it like you feel and that is important I believe.

5. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Umm...so if they could stand up to these awesome skills, they're legitimate?

You're the one in the black t-shirt right?

http://lo-ki.com/throwdown4.15.07/vinh_vs_kempofist.mpg

6. Nuck Chorris

Nuck Chorris I prefer North South

Shhhh...

Let the kids play. They're so cute.

7. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

KempoFist,
    It is talked about all the time and no one really realizes just how much it has been done before and now also. One reason I don't respect belts as I have said many times. Some seem to know and understand and are aware it seems...

Take for example a man who has bloated his organization up and is really not that well ranked, yet under his guide it takes 10 years to become a black belt for the average person, or the good and dedicated it still takes 7 years.

At least EP Sr. allowed some to get thiers according to their abilities. But not many, it still took a long time (that time frame, of time was short as a rule white to black, no in between prior to that I have read.) Joe Lewis said it best, one rank black belt is where it is at. The rest could be honorary but then they are suspect also.

The whole system is pretty suspect if you ask me. Unless of course it is the one you are in, then it is ok, you live in denial :rolleyes: many do I am afraid when it come's to honesty and all.

Everyone seems to have a big deal against J. Mitose? He quit and went his own criminal way's. Still he was at least honest and took responsibility for his student. Pretty rare as a rule. But it Japan it was a must. If you read any of the Samurai information it is very apparant. He has been ridiculed by his followers who were not taught by him. Then his son is a bonafide in the system, and they still badmouth the old man. Now he is much his own person and should have been long ago. Pretty disgusting if you ask me the treatment of the man, and he is a very good person, and humble to boot.

But again back to the fix. Probably is none, as long as you can talk about it and not be hushed by deletion or BANNED. LOL... Geez, to think if I had never been banned, I probably would not be doing this :D I was similar and got banned and the ones who got me banned go to Bullshido and diss all :eek:

Now that is something akin to a system that say's one thing and does something like they dislike on their forum's.

:p :p

8. Nuck Chorris

You were banned from bullshido because you didn't train with aliveness Gary. Nothing you could have done about it.

So Sorry.

9. Nuck Chorris

Ya that is KF.

The guy he is fighting trains day and night at Straight Blast Gym. Spends all his extra money on his training. The kid also spent most of his teenage years in wrestling. He is preparing to fight in the cage. Oh, and he hasn't trained a lick in Kempo and James is a black belt in it.

Gosh. I thought the Kempo was DEADLY Jamie (with a spanish accent.) You have let down your White Tiger lineage.

10. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Hmmmm....how much extra money are we talking about?

11. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Danjo, you must be in the inner circle for you are being feed lots of stuff and then feed the rest. :rolleyes: But it is pretty good to see.
    Wish I could see the Chape'l stuff you posted. :bang:

Hmmm any one here really want to fight the man :D :D :D I thought that is why we have weapons, so you can arm yourself, against Big Bad Bears of men... Colt, the west and all. Or the sword, it was a good honorable weapon. Skill and tenacity and guts, lots of guts, and willing to lose your head daily when you awaken. :Alien:

Gary

12. KempoFist

No what I mean is, if they can stand up to me, an "advanced" (hate that term) BJJ White belt, then they show they at least know something.

For the record, Vin there the guy I am fighting trains at Straight Blast Gym 5 days a week in their methods (Thornton Affiliate!) who wrestles, and devotes all of his money to gym fees and supplements so he can compete. If you see there compared to the vid where I fight Andy who is literally twice Vin's size, I had little trouble reversing Andy and slapping on submissions, where Vin has ridiculous base to stay up on top.

Once Redeemer puts up the other vids you'll also see how in a straight up grappling roll, Vin wasn't nearly as much of a challenge ending with me submitting him, and he even admitted that both there and online. His style is GnP and he's got it down to a science pretty good.

If I met a Ke?po guy who could even do an INKLING of what Vin did there, my jaw would drop. So good job Dan. You posted a vid of me losing a sparring match to someone who trains at the school that LITERALLY DOES have an ALIVENESS seal of approval. Good job indeed.

13. Nuck Chorris

Fistacuffs Gary. Fistacuffs.

14. 1bad65

1bad65 Valued Member

About BJJ being too 'slow' in a street fight: go to any BJJ tournament and watch it. The higher guys (upper purples, brown , and black belts) almost always have the slowest matches. It can put you sleep it gets so dull. The lower guys are usually much more faster paced. But you put a 6 month white belt against a guy with no ground game and that white belt will be all over the other guy, and very quickly too. It's all relative.

15. KempoFist

Not to mention you put those purples and up against anyone below blue, and it's over in seconds.

16. Nuck Chorris

Those early Gracie tapes where they were facing off against different stylists is a good judge on how long it would take to get a strangulation, choke, or arm dislocation against average joe. You have some decent strikers with no grappling background getting cornered, taken to the ground, mounted, and either cross choked, ezekiel choked, or they spin their backs to give up RNC. All of this take place in 10-20 seconds.

Now if I have that, and I have my striking, I can pick my range based on who I am fighting and have total domination regardless of surface, time constraints, or whatever. I would agree that the gi-upper rank matches are much more methodical. No gi still keeps it moving and I enjoy that aspect of the art a lot more. I do appreciate the gi work, but not as enjoyable as the nogi.

Back to the subject for Gary's sake. So Gary, if you think Leoning was screwed, do you also think that maybe Gascon was also screwed?

17. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Like I said, too bad you're soooooo far away.

18. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Truth and honesty, very refreshing. ;)

The guys who go into the cage and train and spend all their time on it. Boy what a life :rolleyes: How many here would wish that horror story on themselves? Maybe they should take their abilities and apply it to something useful for awhile. How many went on welfare to accomplish this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kajukenbo

I see it has been edited of late, another contradicition someone did not like and changed the script, I see. Now they don't even mention the first to come to the mainland Johnny Leoning :eek: See it is a consiracy, many are involved in it... Stories, many of them.

In the movies they call it a creative license for screenwriters to apply the fictional story. At least it is for entertainment and not claiming to be fact for the 12th time in as many years. :love:

Gary

19. KempoFist

Dan all I can say here, is I don't know much about your school, but I do know your instructor is a very knowledgeable individual, and I wouldn't expect this kind of tripe to be coming out of the mouth of one of his students.

I still do find it ironic, you dig up a vid of me losing a sparring match to someone who actually does have an Aliveness seal of approval, after that comment of yours on what to look for on the certificate :rolleyes:

20. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

I tapped out a blue belt the first night I trained with Ralph Gracie and a purple belt three months later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.