Kajukenbo "The original MMA"

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by BGile, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SifuJason

SifuJason Valued Member

Sounds like we are in agreement--yeesh that wasn't so hard.

2. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

This is between watching Cro Cop kick someones head off, and seeing a cute girl. Now if this girl were to watch the fight with me....well now....I don't think my night could get any better....well it could, but it all depends on what her plans are :Angel:

3. KempoFist

[​IMG]
    STEP RIGHT UP! One tall glass of Bunkai, sweetened with point sparring and fancy gi's! Just like Sijo and/or Shaolin Monks and/or Samurai used to make! Made fresh daily out of the bowels of my rear!

4. Nuck Chorris

Nuck Chorris I prefer North South

Made me think of this kids rhyme:

Milk Milk Lemonade around the corner's where fudge is made!

5. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Ok kiddies....let this thread get back on topic or if you all can't do that, then we'll close it from here....what say you? :rolleyes:

6. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

What was the topic?

7. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Well then I guess this thread has outlived it's usefulness :cool:

8. Nuck Chorris

I think Gary was trying to say that Chow was a liar and that Emperado may have bought his belt because he came up through the ranks really fast.

Am I right Gary?

9. Nuck Chorris

Oh, and it is fun to troll a troll's thread.

10. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Yeah, he talks alot.....and if everyone remains quiet...then all he can do is talk to himself.....who cares what he thinks?? I don't ;)

But then everyone starts on the freakin bandwagon and next thing you know, someone gets their feelings hurt and turns into the 5yr old in the sandbox that got sand kicked on their toys :rolleyes:

I don't think Sijo Emperado gives a crap what Gary thinks to begin with. He's done more than ol Gary can probably think up.....

11. KempoFist

That's what I thought the point was too :)

But yeah, it seemed Gary's point of discussion is that Chow and Emperado self-promoted and bloated their ranks just as much as any other McDojo BS artist. And John Leoning was left out in the cold, to train on his own in his backyard with his BBQ.

12. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

I think he meant that Leoning was the true genius and Mitose and Juchnik (apparently upon Gary's advice) copied him unlike those belt factory fakes Emperado and Chow. Leoning passed all of this down to Gary in the secret scrolls that came with Gary's white belt certificate.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  13. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

You are entitled to your opinion, as stupid as it might be.

14. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

No I don't think like that at all. "I do think and I believe Sonny Gascon could back it up if John would have met and talked but didn't". The story of Leoning is not told in total honesty, for whatever reason.
    As far as what others are thinking are my reasons, I believe Nuck is the closest, for we did have a heart to heart about it.

I would not want all the baggage that Sijo has, thanks very much, Mr. Moderator.

I believe I mentioned exactly what I was looking for in the first post. I have been told to read the topic by others so maybe some should take that advise also.

I am enjoying this thread it is a good one I am thinking. Topic is in the mind of the beholder. We have been talking the topic pretty much, a few side trips is not bad, just need to get to the destination it's important. We don't want a train wreck ;)

Gary

15. KempoFist

And you are just as entitled to be wrong. I can't say because I've never met Chapel, but if he's the same guy in the thread I posted, then he is beyond a joke who doesn't know the first thing about fighting or self defense.

16. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Pretty close KempoFist. Any girl who gets you is lucky :cool: You seem to have an ability to seek and find and tell it like you feel and that is important I believe. If others don't agree that is maybe because they are not as educated on the subject matter as you are. Or else maybe they should walk in the same shoes as others, and then maybe they will see why you are thinking like you do.

I noticed others don't seem to like the stuck uki either. One of the real problems is it is just a small piece of the package and they don't want to give away all the true secrets in the circle they are teaching in, and then of course you have the inner one :D

Many have done tons of stuff not just give out certs for money. That is the true destruction, of what we call Martial Arts. IMHO... Not training and DNA is huge problem in many industries, nepotism is not allowed. Hmm wonder why.

They are looking for the best, not the closest to the boss. In a breeding program for any who have done it in animals knows that inbreeding is the decline of most Breeding programs, at least those who know about the problems of it and all the wrongs that don't make it right no matter how you cut it.

I remember telling a person about how much I work out with my son and others and they mentioned how can you learn anything that way? Well they go and get belts from others, and know all what I can give them and they bring back their information then teach me. Pretty simple. My lineage is from many in the arts.
    When I see the name of the master and many of his students are his children and family members I just chuckle. It is sort of an inside circle joke :D

Now as far as the thread goes it seems to be right on topic at this posting #...

17. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Pretty arrogant words from a 24 year old. But hey, with a track record like yours advising NYPD and bouncers about how to clinch, it's no wonder you think people like Doc Chapel is a joke.

18. KempoFist

So you tell me Gary. How does one start their own style without bloating their own rank? How did Mas Oyama do it differently than Emperado or anyone else? How did the Gracies do it? How did Kano do it?

While we're on the topic of "staying on topic" I'd like to hear this. Because IMO the only two belts in the world that are worth anything on a global standard are BJJ and Judo belts.

As far as Kaju goes, there's a few Kaju guys that I'd respect/fear, but it's not because of their belt, it's because of what they can do. I can't say that a Kaju or Ke?po BB means anything to me until I hear specifically which school and instructor they earned it from. The same goes for nearly every other style of martial arts out there.

19. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

How do you know that exactly?

20. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Kempofist, I'm not sure I'd put this endorsement on your resume' if I were you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.