Just saw the movie THE RUNDOWN.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kwan Jang, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Kwan Jang

Kwan Jang Valued Member

-I went to see the movie THE RUNDOWN this weekend starring Duane "the Rock" Johnson. It also co-starred Ernie Reyes, Jr. and featured ex-forms champ John Valera. For an action/adventure film, I really thought it was quite good and I really enjoyed it. Because of Ernie, Jr. having a major role in it, all of our schools (Ernie Reyes' World/West Coast MA) are really promoting it, so we had a movie day and took a group of the students to go see it.
    -The film had a good mix of action and comedy. The fight scenes were really original and not too far over the top. I really enjoyed the major battle between the Rock and Li'l Ernie. Too many films today resort to the use of wires. They both showed tremendous athletisicm and the moves they used (though not always the most practical for a real fight) were ones they can really do. Ernie does most of these(minus the things on the ropes) in most of our demos; while my students tell me that the Rock does this type of thing in the ring (I would admit it if I did, but I don't watch wrasslin'-my term to distinguish it from Greco-Roman or Olympic freestyle).
    -I also enjoyed the cameo by Arnold Schwarzenegger. Perhaps a symbolic passing of the torch for this film genre'? The fight scenes are very good overall. The acting and plot are good for an action flick, overall, I would recommend this one.(and not just because my old teammate is in it).

2. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

Ah so it was Ernie jrs. I knew his face looks kinda fimilar. Thanx for the info Kwan Jang. :D

3. Hakko-Ryu

Hakko-Ryu New Member

aaaah found the rundown post...hehe...well i created another one on accident cause i couldnt find this one! GREAT MOVIE!!

4. shortstick

shortstick New Member

ya I just saw it today, I recognized Ernie.....but I did not catch John Valera?? Was he one of Ernie's "rebel fighting buddies"
    I thought the movie was pretty good too. I hope "The Rock" is able to do more-Oh and great fight scene at the start!

5. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Hey thanks for the rundown on the movie Kwan Jang :D ... I wouldn't have know about Ernie had you not told us here!

ah.... but "The Rock".... that would be my reason to go see it *drool*

.... oh BTW [​IMG] Kwan Jang!!