Jumping

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by AndrewAj, Dec 9, 2003.

1. AndrewAj

AndrewAj New Member

hey,

I was wondering if anyone out there has any good drills for higher jumping? i feel i can jump high enough but would like to improve on it. Does any body know any drills that bruce lee practised for jumping?:confused:

2. JohnG

JohnG SNAFU

I assume you want to jump higher to do jumping kicking techniques. I don't know if Bruce did this, but it works for me. It should build the dynamic strngth in you legs.

Have someone hold a focus pad for you to kick. Stand with your feet together and jump from this position to execute any jumping kick you want. Don't do more than 8 reps for each leg.

Try this with ankle weights to increase the difficulty.

You can also try hitting the pad with both knees at the same time, as high as you can. Getting your knees high during kicking will improve the height of your kick.

If all else fails, simply train with short people!

I think Bruce Lee worked out on a trampoline, but I don't know how effective this is.

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

and it was all going so well until the last sentence.

Google > Plyometrics

4. JohnG

JohnG SNAFU

What i mean by how effective a trampoline is, because your body weight is a major factor in how high up you bounce, the strenghtening effect on your leg muscles will be less than if you were jumping from the ground.

5. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Certainly practise the jumping with the ankle weights but kicking, survey says EHHH EHHHH.

Kicking with ankle weights is just asking for trouble, even when it is against a target.

concentrate on perfecting the technique at a certain height then increasing, small steps lead to bigger rewards without injury.

6. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

Practice jumping-- go from a 3/4 squat, and jump for 3 sets of ten. Do that 3x a week.