Jumped Ship

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Out-to-Lunch, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Out-to-Lunch

Out-to-Lunch Valued Member

Whoa, it looks like all of the Master jumped ship....

Kuk Sool Won Masters
    Just Kidding! ;)
    Sort of...

2. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

No, they are just redoing the site.

3. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

Personally, for website work-in-progress, I prefer this image:

[​IMG]

over this one:

[​IMG]

FWIW :)

4. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

I thought most websites are 'ongoing projects'? Ours certainly is and so is constantly being updated without the need for taking pages down completely or telling people that it's under construction. It should be under construction BEFORE they put the thing up in the first place. After that, simply update it on an ongoing basis without the need of either a construction sign, or a ? mark in a box!

5. DoJe

DoJe Valued Member

Perhaps things move too quickly?

6. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

from what i know it's more like a redesign/rebuild than just updating.

7. Hyeongsa

Hyeongsa The Duelist

what master alex said at the tournament was that they would completely remodel the site and that its not gone, like some people would like to believe (thought it was a funny reference to MAP lol)
    it would be intresting to see all the masters that left unite, though. what do you guys think the WKSA would make of that?

8. Demdike

Demdike Banned Banned

only reason to take a webpage offline during a "redesign" is if the information on it is so out of date as to be misleading or embarrassing

9. KSstudent

KSstudent Valued Member

Yep, Just Masters and Schools needed "updateing" ???

10. miyu

miyu Valued Member

Or maybe they need a little time to re-think what to release on their website without being too "public" specially now they are a franchised organization.

11. KSstudent

KSstudent Valued Member

Oh yea! The " unique and exclusive method for teaching martial arts and operating martial arts schools". The stuff school owners keep "Confidential" and clasify as "Trade Secrets". You Know, the stuf that hase been shown on U-Tube and on websites for years.

12. AirNick

AirNick Valued Member

Nope, not true at all. Tell me Demdike, what was misleading and/or embarrassing on the site?

13. shimajiro

shimajiro Valued Member

but there is no reason to bring the site down. you can edit and redesign all you want before you "send" the new site it up to the server. unless you are an incompetent web designer...
    The only reason to take i down is because you WANT people to notice. typical propaganda. just watch now there will be a big emphasis on who is ( and by default is not) an "official" or "certified" Master/ school owner.

and a bunch of gobbledygook about "authentic" and "registered" all that type of stuff..

and people will buy it,,,,,, hook, line and sinker!!!!!!

and there will be NO credit given to those (who are no longer around) who worked for YEARS to help build the assoc & art, and spread it.

The Masters that are no longer around (Like Sims, Lee, Butler, Garza, D'amato Watson, Pak, Yang et al.) will not be named and thanked for anything as if IHS did it all himself.......
    So much for gratitude and courtesy. I guess you have to sign up and pay for that too!!!!

14. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

here you go, CYW totally changed improved martial art training and teaching, with him or his school the WKSA wouldnt be as big, and popular, or as good. All of you WKSA ppl should be soo thankful that he graced us with his presence.

15. VegasMichelle

VegasMichelle Valued Member

When I go on the WKSA webpage, it has multiple links. They link to history, the founder, schools, news...and they sublink to pictures and results, etc etc etc.

With over a hundred links and sublinks, they take down ONE or TWO to update and all of sudden, there are conspiracy theories. Take a close look at that website and you will see that the vast majority of the links work.

16. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

OMG! a sensible voice!!!!!!!
    what is happening to this forum? ;)

17. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

I think that the WKSA "powers that be" tend to worry too much about the *gossip mill* (read MAP, if you will). So now that the franchise papers are in the final stages, rather than let speculation be made about which school is still listed or which master still has his picture up, they just totally wiped it clean until they can sort through all the data. But personally, I don't understand it. They were perfectly willing to leave certain people on there despite the fact that they had made their intentions known while quickly removing others (of a more prominent status?). So why not leave the pages as is until the new HTML files are ready to send to the server? No, I agree with shimajiro, it's all part of the scheming & propaganda for which they are (in)famous.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  18. Samagi

Samagi Valued Member

Actually, when that portion of the website comes back up, it will be without the schools and masters that have "held out" on the franchise contract.

19. otherbrother

otherbrother Valued Member

Samagi,
    What do you mean by that?

OB

20. Samagi

Samagi Valued Member

It means that HQ is removing masters and schools that have not signed the franchise contract. Be ready for a few surprises.