Jumped and mugged last night - Random reflections

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Southpaw535, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence, in the court of public opinion"

- judge judy

2. Grond

Grond Valued Member

That's why it's ironic that out of all the opinions and assertions made in this thread, I seem to be the only one who's posted any evidence.

Like using "turtle" as a boxing metaphor. I posted a boxing article as proof.

Any time any of you want to show some evidence supporting your posts, rather than just dropping some names like Geoffs and pretending it's "evidence", be my guest and knock me out.

3. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Grond, I really like a lot of your posts. But you really need to stop pursuing this IMO. Most people, myself included, thought of a different definition of turtling up. We accepted your evidence of it being used a different way. Although just describing the different way that term is used was fine for me.

This isn't a evidence/ proof thing. It isn't a win thing. We figured out why there was a miscommunication. But you seem to doggedly be focused on being right, instead of accepting there is another way that term is used. And outside of boxing circles, is more commonly known. Most everyone else thought of a different thing. Why can't you just accept you used a term in a way that is more commonly known to be used a different way? Other here seemed to accept your using it a certain way once you explained it.

It is time to let it go. ;) Mind you, I am just talking about the "turtling up" terminology part of this thread.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    axelb likes this.