Jujutsu vs judo

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by benkei, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Not wishing to speak for Decision Tree but if he's on about the system I think he is then it'll be influenced by grappling whilst armed or armoured and not to mention the influence of fighting techniques developed via combat in mass battles, not much going to the ground there if you can help it as it would be a good way to get stabbed, squished or otherwise turned into mushy stuff.

Basically close with the bad guy stop him from bringing his weapon to bear while you use yours and run him through or drop him on his head and then run him through. :D

2. slasha

slasha Banned Banned

Hi I used to train a lot in jujitsu, fairly traditional style, but we did judo style randori in some classes either from kneeling or from standing. We would some lessons, warm up do a bit of 'sylabus' then it may be pads or sparring or what ever they seemed to fancy, even knew visiting black belts from other clubs in the style/association asking at the start of classes who fancied having a pop at what!
    Later on in the army I had more access to judo (but the instuctor used to let us have a bit of what dave or bob used to do as well in class for interest) than anything else and it stood me in good stead for my later work in security.