jujitsu vs gorilla

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by sudo02, Jul 30, 2007.

1. sudo02

sudo02 Valued Member

i went to the zoo the other day and saw some big gorillas and i thought to my self what would rickson gracie or whoever do against a gorilla, would he be able to pull off any moves (not sure which ones would work maybe the RNC but getting a gorillas back would be hard at the best of times) or would the gorilla just bite his face off or just ground n pound him into the floor etc.

i was a bit bored at the time, i seem to have strange thoughts when iam bored. i only brought this up because of the last guy talking about the dog stuff.

(this is just a bit of fun guys dont be too hard on me)

p.s a gorilla did get out and ran through a cafe somewhere in the USA this year, so you never know

2. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

BJJ is a sport, so ground and pound is illegal. However, that's how I imagine it would go.

Like this!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF7fMHYfQco"]YouTube[/ame]

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

BJJ is fighting them on their own ground. Only Kung Fu can defeat the gorilla

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUWA09nIh20&mode=related&search="]Kung Fu Gorilla Fight 2 - Bruce Lee the Invincible - YouTube[/ame]

4. sprint

sprint Banned Banned

i don't know. but i bet that bjj is the best MA one can have when going up against a 600 lb. beast.

5. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

Squid.

[​IMG]

VS

[​IMG]

Come on......... no contest.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  6. Holmes

Holmes Valued Member

7. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

If it me 20 ;)

8. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

A pirate would have them both. No problem.

Arrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!

9. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

10. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Rickson by Armbar

11. sudo02

sudo02 Valued Member

good videos some very funny like the kung foo guy, but if you could have only one style of fighting to defend yourself against a gorilla (download it matrix style) what would it be?

jujitsu claims to be able to use the persons strength against themselves.

p.s does anybody know any more about the incident in which the gorilla escaped and ran through the cafe etc. wouldnt you just **** yourself if you had just sat down with the wife & bang a gorilla comes running through, would be pretty funny if no one got hurt like.

12. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

There was the incident where an orangutan ripped a guys arms off.

13. Dragon Brush

Dragon Brush Valued Member

Krum will get the snitch, but Ireland will win the World Cup...

Really though, I think the gorilla would hold ya down and bite your fingers off. Monkeys fight dirty, and that's not even taking their poo throwing into account! :woo:

14. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

The keyword is person. A gorilla isn't a homo sapien. BJJ, like any martial art, relies on the physics of the human body.

15. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

let's make this simple...

squid pwns all, and cowboys can take out ninjas and pirates.

there, we're done.

16. Zannen!

Zannen! Banned Banned

I would shoot it. :woo: Run over it in my car. Or simply not bother the damn monkey. Unless it stole my banana then its on.

17. Agutrot-

Agutrot- Jack of all Trades

A gorilla could power out of any submission. Their necks are so big you couldn't get your arm around to choke it anyway.

18. angacam

angacam Mare Est Vita Mea

Unless you were Bruce Lee! :p
    or just Sprint, In Da Street!

19. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

There was chimp at a zoo in the UK that literally ripped a child's arm off.
    Not sure if a really strong man could do that?
    Maybe.
    I'd say that a gorilla would just be off the strength scales for a man to handle.
    Armbar? Not a chance!

20. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Just to bring the name of gorilla's out of the muddy waters of this thread, meet Jambo. No Jutjitsu required.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007