Juan Manuel Lopez and Hand Wraps

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Emil, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Emil

Emil Valued Member

I've recently been watching upcoming boxer Juan Manuel Lopez, who seems to be doing very well for himself after having just destroyed Daniel Ponce De Leon.

My question is related to his hand wraps. After having had various hand uinjuries due to accidents in and out of sport, I have had a few hand injuries, and oiver the years have experimented with wrapping techniques to the point of obbsession. My personal way of hand wrapping now works very well for me, and im not looking for info on how to wrap hands, as that would be a bit sad given my experience. My question though is related to yet another want to experiment. Lopez wraps his hands in such a way )similar to some I've seen in Muay Thai as it happens). There is a knot in the middle of his palm, and the outer-fist seems to be casted in some way or other. I have a picture in the magazine 'Boxing News' but cannot find one to post. I was wondering if anybody had any links/info on how to perform this specific type of wrap, just for the sake of continuing my own personal experimentation. I can't off hand think of any boxers who employ the smae technique for wrapping hands, and can't find anyt postable pictures of any nak muay, so sorry if this isn't very well explained. But like i said it has a knot in the middle of the palm, covers and wraps through the knuckles (I'm thinking it loops over the knuckles for padding), and covers the wrist and thumb. Cheers in advance.

Emily