Ju Jitsu Check-in

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by mhyst, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Raminator

Raminator New Member

I am Raminator, My real name is Damon. I have achieved my 2nd degree belt in Ju jitsu, i have been practicing Ju jitsu for about 12 years now and plan on to keep the training up soon to pass on to my children. Ju jitsu is part of my life like a 2nd religion and I take it very seriously

Last edited: Nov 23, 2006
  2. Hippolyta

Hippolyta Meet coordinator Supporter

Hi, I'm Hippolyta, I just joined and wanted to say hi. I started jujitsu (TJF) in september 2005, and was hooked straightaway :) I graded to green belt in December. I train in London at my university's club during the term, and try to train at town clubs when I'm at home.

3. Geoff Moore

Geoff Moore New Member

Geoff Moore, Jujitsu 1st Dan, Judo 4th Dan also currently studying iaido. Nice to join the forum

4. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Welcome Sensei ..

enjoy the good the bad and the ugly of the forums

regards

Smurf

5. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Valued Member

Sorry to check in late. I started taking JJJ on Jan 11 at Minnesota State University Moorhead where I go to school. It is only for a semester but if it works out I would like to take it at the Dojo this summer also. I have really had a good time with it so far. Our teacher is sensei Tim Cruff.

6. Adamutto

Adamutto New Member

I am Adam, from Uk, Hi
    Ive been doing Jujitsu for about a year now, a little under possibly, and im a green belt. the club i go to is some what softcore, as its been built on a repuatation of health and safety which sucks entirly. Me and my friend who go there, he is a blue and white belt, often spar there, and i have just got some training mats so im going to start abit more out of club training, which means we can spar abit heavier. although the club doesnt want us to go hard we spar and stuff after we have revised some techniques, and try to use them in sparring condition, wearing sarring gloves so we can punch also. :bang: so yeah

my sensei is a little softcore but i train abit harder than the rest of the club, and i dont think im bad for about 10 months of training, iunno tho, i havnt sparred anyone other thans freinds

7. Day_Almighty

Day_Almighty New Member

My names Day.
    I'm 17 years of age, almost 18.
    I used to train in Judo, when i was younger and left at a moderate ranking belt. To which I had a break and joined a Ju-Jitsu academy.
    I've been doing Ju-Jitsu for approximately a year and a half and take it very serioulsy. I'm graded as a senior blue belt, training for purple.
    I train daily in primarily flexibility and speed. Although, I do alot of strength training to.
    As the quotation above states; our club is pretty softcore, yet the syllabus is highly detailed. No corners have been cut. In respect to our clubs teachings, it's flawless. But in reality, it's whether these moves can be quickly, effieintly and effectively executed, that's another story entirely. That's the downfall I suppose, hence why me and friends spar regularly to put our moves into practice in what could be portrayed as 'real situations'.

We train alot. Bare in mind; all of my friends do different martial arts and are of different builds and traits. Therefore making sparring more exotic and fun, rather than just sparring against Ju-Jitsu practicioners.

I will be training constantly until I am a rank in which I see capable to enter competitions.

That's me.

8. moony1

moony1 New Member

hi mate.

i know its a while since you have been on here so dont know if youl get this.

just started in north wales/chester so thought id say hi

9. DanceMagic

DanceMagic New Member

Hi thought I had better introduce myself :)
    DanceMagic aka Donna. I am 28 years old and have been studying JuJutsu for 25 years now. My parents and brother all did JuJutsu so it was natural that I would follow. Helps that I love it and well all forms of martial arts that I have tried which have been a few over the years. I feel that all martial arts compliment each other in one way or another and we all have knowledge to teach and learn from other disciplines. Anyway thats enough for now

10. Alansmurf

Welcome to the jujitsu forum ....enjoy ..

Smurf :D

11. jujitsuka07

jujitsuka07 Body by Pizza Hut!

Hi all! I've been on MAP for over 2 years, just never checked in yet - sorry. As my rank and stuff doesn't need to be mentioned, I'll just say that I love Ju jitsu and I hope to train for the rest of my life. :cool:

12. Alansmurf

Welcome to the jujitsu forum ....enjoy ..

Smurf :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

13. floridandy

floridandy New Member

introduction

hi all
    my names andy aka floridandy, i know not very original, hehehe
    been doing traditinal Ju-Jitsu for about 22 years now, 15 of which have been spent instructing in some capacity or another, below is a list of instructors ive had the pleasure to be taught by at some stage in my Ju-Jitsu career:
    Professor Robert Clark 9th Dan - WORLD JU-JITSU FEDERATION
    Master Martin Dixon 8th Dan - BRITISH JU-JITSU ASSOCIATION
    Master Robert Ashworth 8th Dan - RA DEFENCE
    Soke Allan Tattersall 8th Dan - UNITED KINGDOM JU-JITSU ASSOCIATION
    Master Daniel Blanchet 10th Dan - INTERNATIONAL BUDO ASSOCIATION
    Master Phil Milner (deceased) 10th Dan - INTERNATIONAL BUDO ASSOCIATION
    Sensei Kevin Lane 5th Dan - MUGEN KEMPO RYU JU-JITSU
    Sensei Dave Allen 6th Dan - ZANSHIN MARTIAL ARTS ASSOCIATION
    i am formally from the UK but living in florida USA, recently opened a new school locally, still a little dry on students yet, but hopefully it will take off soon enough, nice to be here and thanks to the few ive spoken to already in the chat room, hope to speak again soon to more of you
    Respect....
    Andy

14. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Where abouts in Florida, out of interest?

And welcome to the forum!

15. floridandy

floridandy New Member

hi again
    thx for the welcome aegis, im in Edgewater FL, about 10 miles south of Daytona
    :)

16. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

I'm thinking (very much set) about taking classes in Freestyle Jiu Jitsu. (Kyuryukan Jiu Jitsu, which is an eclectic JJ style that is a mix of BJJ, JJJ, Judo, Karate, and Kickboxing)

It was founded by Robert Stines, who was a Pancrase/MMA competitor, and Jiu Jitsu gold medalist.

It seems like a very, very good style of JJ.

17. Emil

Emil Valued Member

I did Ju Jutsu for four years, starting when I was 15. After a dispute with my instructor, however, I stopped attending the class, and focussed more on my JKD and Muay Thai.

18. Linguo

Linguo Valued Member

heh. i thought you were doing jkd, although your profile says WSL Wing Chun now.

19. noble

noble New Member

Hey I'm Tom, 19 from hull, I study shorinji kan jujitsu (TJF jitsu) with Baildon jitsu club, in north Bradford, and Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu in Brough just outside of Hull.

cheers

20. Alansmurf

Welcome Noble Tom ..

Smurf