Ju Jitsu Check-in

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by mhyst, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Welcome to the dark side, Beef :D Glad you found a good class

2. Angry Fist

Angry Fist New Member

Hi All, i stumbled onto this site yesterday accidentally while looking up stuff.

I've been exposed to bits and pieces of MA for a few years and I’ve done some kung fu, tkd and karate before I settled on Jujitsu almost 7 years ago when I started the Jishukan Ryu system in Canberra. Unfortunately, I had to leave for university which was at Sydney before I could go for my grading to green belt.

That was about two years ago. For the next five years of my life, I'd been wasting away letting my training decay while my friend kept training and training.

In 2002 while I was working for Toshiba as an intern up in Queensland (Tarong power project) I took up karate again for six months just to get me back into shape but I was never really happy with the training although it was good.

After I returned from Queensland in late 2002, I resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't find any jujitsu clubs that would be practical - either being too expensive or too far…

Then it happened. Five years after I stopped training and had given up all together - short of returning to Canberra. Maybe it was destiny, maybe it was fate :D , about two months ago, I found a dojo at the university of new south wales, close to where I study. It was the Shorinji kan (Jitsu)system and at first I thought to myself, "this jitsu sure is different!".

Since then, it has grown on me and I am training as much as I can! I double graded from white to orange to put me on the same level as I was before and in november I'll hopefully get my green.

Phew..that was long, but for someone who hasn't trained in that long it sure feels good!

Cheers

Last edited: Aug 5, 2005
  3. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Welcome aboard from a Jitsu Foundation (UK) member ;)

4. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Welcome to the mad house Angryfist :D

5. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Hi Guys,

Just started doing Jitsu under the same group as Aegis (Jitsu foundation) at my University club, only been to one lesson so far but it seems like this MA may well be a keeper! :D

Stephen

6. Mark Barlow

Mark Barlow New Member

I train in Akayama Ryu, a gendai system. Starting in Judo 30 years ago, I've also studied Shodokan Aikido, Jikishinkage Ryu Aikijujutsu and Seki Ryu Jujutsu. Although I'm older, slower and tend to bruise more easily than when I started, I still can't wait to get on the tatami.

Mark Barlow

7. Angry Fist

Angry Fist New Member

Hi Aegis/Yukimushu thanks for the welcome! It's great to hear from people training in the same art.

8. Nik0

Nik0 New Member

Hi, my real name is Niko, same as my name in MAP :) . I started Hokutoryu Ju-Jutsu in order to not to get beaten up in junior high. I have been in some competitions and placed pretty well in them, a year ago I was 2nd in juniors' Finnish championship contest. Now I have practiced Ju-Jutsu for four years and I am 3rd Kyu at the moment.

My opinion is that Ju-Jutsu rocks now and forever :D

9. Hades

Hades the deskjob boxer

yo! My name is marrk aka Hades... no I'm not a actual God..

I'm a boxer for over 2.5 years now.

I'm applying to become a police-officer in my beloved country: Holland, and I'm looking for a way to defend myself against the local thugs that I might encounter when performing my duty.

To fulfill that desire, this week I decided to take on jiu-jitsu. I haven't had the first lesson yet, but if anyone cares I will describe my experiences after that first lesson.

so... that's about it

10. Aegis

cool, welcome aboard and keep us updated!

11. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

So you decided to go with the JJ huh ??? Keep me updated on your first lesson, fellow countryman... if you have MSN, it's in my profile... ;)

12. CCG2

CCG2 Valued Member

new guy

yo just started Hakko Ryu Jujutsu yesterday; absolutely nothing like my last art Tang Soo Do but still a lot of fun. Can't wait to get started on some of that ground work.

13. pj_goober

pj_goober Valued Member

hello. Goober here, my real names Keith and i've been doing Shorin jin kan Ju-jitsu (TJF) for 3 years and Aiuchi Ju-Jitsu for 1 year. I'm 3rd kyu in aiuchi 4th in TJF, but haven't been able to grade in either due to injury etc for nearly a year.

Its good to see some familar faces on MAP (i'm very new here).

Goober

14. zanflad

zanflad Banned Banned

15. t3lboy

t3lboy New Member

Hello,

Good as place as any for my first post, thought I have alook round as I kept seeing this website mentioned on other MA sites.

Real name is Terry, i'm a TJF (Shorinji Kan) 5th Kyu, here in the UK, started while at uni two years ago.

t3lboy

16. Aegis

Hmm, Hatfield Jitsu club with Matt Leggit?

I might even have seen you grade in that case!

Welcome aboard

17. t3lboy

t3lboy New Member

Yeah, you train at cambridge don't you?

Me in all my glory;
    [​IMG]

Were you at the paintball?

18. Aegis

I trained at the cambridge club, but have since moved home again, so I doubt I'll have the opportunity to train there again on a regular basis.

And yes, I remember your face... Though when from I can't say :D

19. NickR

NickR New Member

Hi.

Just joined ma planet.

Had my first Jitsu class on tuesday. Loved it.
    http://www.bradfordjitsu.org.uk/

I did a year of WTF Tae Kwon Do five years ago and got my Orange belt in Shukokai Karate prior to that.

20. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Hi Nick. Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy MAP and ju jitsu