Jones vs Comier

Discussion in 'MMA' started by maressa, Dec 29, 2014.

1. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

When is the fight scheduled? I will pay to watch. Should be great as they are evenly matched.

2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

3. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Saturday night. It's going to be awesome.

4. aaradia

I am not so sure. I think Cormier is overrated as far as his chances of winning this. I hope he proves me wrong. I am not a Jones fan at all.

5. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

6. holyheadjch

Cormier has walked through everyone he has been put in front of. He's the real deal and I can see him causing all kinds of problems for Jones. And judging by the promos, the UFC is expecting a Cormier victory too.

7. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

The pros all picked Cormier. Good advice. Might be worth a bet.

8. aaradia

I have watched a few of his fights. Yeah, he won, but not in such an impressive fashion that I said "that's the guy who will beat Jones!" Plus, he has a bad knee and a much shorter reach.

Again, I hope I am wrong. I would much rather he win than Jones.

9. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Any anyone valuing their sanity, stay away from the comments.

10. holyheadjch

Cormier has gone 3 rounds with big country, so his chin is reinforced steel concrete and his wrestling is the best Jones will have ever faced.

I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it.

11. aaradia

Big Country- hardly on par with Jones. Not even close. No one puts Country in the P4P all time rankings.

If one can avoid Big Country's Sow Choi, he gasses.

12. Southpaw535

I don't remember the Nelson fight, so did he actually land anything? He might have a hell of an overhand but the last fight of his I remember watching he was complete crap because that's all he had and his opponent had an easy night dodging it.

13. holyheadjch

Fine, replace Nelson with Frank Mir, Josh Barnett or Dan Henderson. He has been in the Octagon with some very heavy handed guys and never looked in trouble. I don't think Jones can count on knocking him out.

14. Southpaw535

Not sure Mir is someone I'd call heavy handed, and Hendo is almost as much of a one trick pony as Nelson. He's just better with it :p

Not sure why I'm arguing about it though. I agree he's the biggest challenge for Jones on paper that he's had so far.

15. aaradia

On paper maybe. I want Jones Gustafsson 2!

16. holyheadjch

Title eliminator for Cormier's first defence.

17. MaxSmith

MaxSmith Valued Member

I wouldn't be shocked if Cormier wins that's for sure, but it seemed like Mir's striking was having a serious effect in the third round of their fight, especially after he landed a body shot (I think it was a kick, its been awhile).

I think Cormier may be a bit more vulnerable to striking (particularly with body shots)than we've seen, and Jones will be far and away the most versatile striker he has faced yet.

So I'm leaning towards Jones, but will definitely be watching from the edge of my seat.

18. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I have 20 bucks on Cormier :)

19. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

What's the return on that?

20. holyheadjch

I just rewatched the Mir fight. Cormier got hit with a couple of hard kicks to the body, but it didn't effect him too badly. He was completely dominant for all three rounds.