John Ruiz, ex world heavyweight champion

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by jabcrosshook, Dec 17, 2005.

1. John Ruiz has just been beaten by split decision :). One judge scored a draw and the other two gave the victory to Russian Nicolay Valuev .

2. lordazazel

lordazazel Valued Member

And the Heavyweight Division circus rolls on and on.... :D So does this mean that Has-been Rahman will be the main challenger, or is Danny Williams next in line for a shot? :confused: It looks wide open to me, which wouldn't be a bad thing if there were actually some world-class fighters to challenge for it. :rolleyes:

3. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

I forgot this fight was on!
    Valuev is like 7ft tall! I couldn't believe the size of the guy when i saw the pics in the paper.

Did anyone see this, can this new h/w champ box a bit at least?

4. I heard it live on German radio. From what I heard, we don't know wether he can box or not as Ruiz did his usual "jab n grab" thing. He landed a few nice combos towards the end and rocked Ruiz by all accounts.

Valuev is 7ft tall, 330lbs :)

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

This actually made the sports section of todays paper here in Hong Kong.
    Damn, but we can't get one iota of news on fights in any other weight div. but they manage to give this one space. :bang:

At any rate - The papers said there was a good tussle that went on when Ruiz's corner didn't want to relinquish the belt. So Valuez's manager grabbed it and then Ruiz's bodyguards jumped on Valuez's manager and took it back.

LOL!

I'm not sure who actually has the belt now. :D

6. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

he's big and hairy! :eek:

Attached Files:

7. LeiTong

LeiTong New Member

Valuev can fire a jab and the occasional right straight or body blow, but not much else. While not as blatantly bad as the Donald JD, the crowd didn't much care for this JD either. Then again, Ruiz had to know that he was going to have put forth a much better performance than he did to take a JD in Germany.

8. It sounded close from what I heard. The commentator thought Valuev had it.

9. LeiTong

LeiTong New Member

It was close, though the general concencus from those I've talked to seems to be closer to a draw or a slight Ruiz win (though admittedly I need to see the fight for myself).

10. Faminedynasty

Faminedynasty Valued Member

Ruiz is garbage.

11. I need to see the fight for myself, too. End of the day though, Ruiz lost :D

Correct :) Next question... :D:D:D