Jock Brocas

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Nutjob, May 16, 2010.

1. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

sent it over, see what you can do with it!!

2. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

http://wikibin.org/articles/jock-brocas.html

Somebody has responded to Brocus's inventions!!, see below, i know it was put on in June but i don't think this has surfaced before and what has happened to his Bujinkan site???, it's gone!!!

"Jock Brocas is a con-artist who scammed a number of people in the Glasgow area out over 150,000 pounds in 2001/2002. Look up Vogue Fitness and Nutrition Ltd.

His stories of "high risk" security work are lies. Other than working doors in night clubs he has no security experience. He claims to have gone underground to hide from "hunter forces" trying to kill him. In fact, he was hiding from creditors and the Strathclyde Police.

When questioned about his psychic abilities, Mr Brocas claims that he has been tested and proven under scientific conditions. Yet he refuses to say who these scientists are or where the tests took place.
    I am sure James Randi would be interested in those tests. Mr. Brocas could claim the $1,000,000 prize offered by the James Randi Educational Foundation - www.randi.org - if this were true; pay back some of the people he defrauded.

The truth is [still] out there Mr. Brocas and it is catching up with you!"

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  3. Canit

Canit Valued Member

Richard Dawkins and Derren Brown discussing cold reading and psychics; [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQyfsCNFyRY"]link here[/ame].

Seems appropriate to this thread; especially around the 2 minute mark.

4. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Some people are really good cold readers, some people think they are really good cold readers.

5. adouglasmhor

My first instructor in the Bujinkan was a great cold reader but he used it to help his NLP and life coaching skills and never made out is was some sort of ESP.
    He used it to make you see things you kidded yourself on about.
    It was not a nice thing to see your faults sometimes but he never tried to BS us with it.

6. Canit

Canit Valued Member

Brown made some great points about those who do take their skills in cold reading, etc., and "sell" them as some kind of psychic ability. Ironically that shift actually gives them more room to fail as they [the "psychic"] will then blame the room, the "spirits" or the subject if they do not get any hits. The subject accepts it because they want to believe that the psychic can help them.

The complete interview is well worth watching; [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xswt8B8-UTM&feature=PlayList&p=55A986E56B106611&index=0&playnext=1"]playlist here[/ame].

7. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

Any Psych fans here?

8. Muawijhe

Muawijhe Dreams of Madness

Me!

Though anyone remember Crossing Over with John Edward (both when on Sci-Fi (SyFy) and later We TV as John Edward Cross Country)? Talk about a cold reader who had so many wanting fools conned... :(

By the way, I feel the spirits reaching out to me...I'm getting the letter "G". Anyone here know anyone whose name starts with a G? Has a G in their name anywhere? Perhaps grew up in a town with a G in it? Have watched an episode of Sesame Street sponsored by the letter G and the number 6? :Angel:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  9. adouglasmhor

Me me me, I know how to find a g-spot.

10. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Just look up a kilt???:evil:

11. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

Ahem.

BTW Norm, I sent you an email last night; if you didn't get it please let me know ASAP.

12. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

i like around 3.10+ makes people like Jock look like a penis

13. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Yes, i got it thanks Dale, will respond very soon but suffice it to say you don't have to worry about him:)

14. sambarnes

sambarnes New Member

Hi there

I live in the Highlands (way up), & am looking for a Ninjutsu/Aikido or Kempo class which isn't a million miles away. I came across this Jock Brocas chap on the web (website not active now) and nearly went for a look....

Can anybody give me a couple of pointers as to some clubs?

Cheers

Sam

15. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

Which town you near choochter? Och the thing is tho, it mich cost yea a pound or two, yea ken? Lol only kidding mate.

Please be more specific tho

daz

16. Decision Tree

Decision Tree Valued Member

Code for: The subject will be eliminated before the next full moon.

MWHAAAAHAHAHA.

17. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Damn, he broke the code:eek::D

18. sambarnes

sambarnes New Member

I'm worse than a choochter fella I'm English!! I'm in Kinlochbervie (North West Coast an hour or so North of Lairg). Know of anything?

I'm off down to look at Ki Aikido 2 hours from me today, but this is my first taste of the Ki side of Aikido, & by the sounds of it there is little "hands on" within it?

My apologies to anybody who thinks differently, but as I say I am going on other peoples say so & have yet to try....

Sam

19. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

Hey Sam, i used to train in cumbernauld yonks ago (1993)
    too far south for you, try joji ohashi for some info. There was something on Lewis a while back too, but not much good for you either...

Good luck mate

20. Ace of Clubs

Ace of Clubs Banned Banned

Ki Aikido? As in "we just got our nails done so we can't touch each other" Aikido?