JKD in Newcastle

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by GojuKJoe, Aug 25, 2005.

1. ats

ats Valued Member

hi

i know this is an old thread but i thought i'd mention:
    during january, phoenix is doing a free month of training instead of the usual free week! that might be worth your while?

i'm a student there and am taking full advantage of the offer by trying out loads of new stuff (i just attend the kali classes).
    i did my first JKD class last night.

great school, good classes, exceptional lineage (if that's your bag) and a friendly and relaxed atmosphere that can't be beat.

i can't praise the place enough.

its really cool to see all the support for matt here. he's a top geezer and a good friend

andy

2. inosanto1

inosanto1 Valued Member

what can i say, great bloke, brilliant to train with, a great friend been on loads of seminars with the guy and attend his seminars when i get the chance and if you can get the chance to train down there, get ya ass down there :bang: :D

Mark B @Sheffield

3. Bren2001

Bren2001 New Member

Jeet kune do

I agree got to watch out . Looks like some of these places say they do jeet dune do I.e train bait of wing chun and kick boxing call it jeet kune do. I far as know theres one up in winlaton called progressive fighting systems n.e looks the real deal, one in Sunderland call combative arts and one in Durham called adaptive martial arts looks really good half temped to go my self only the 44 mile round trip works out at near on 150 a month to get there

4. MMALensboy82

MMALensboy82 New Member

If anyone is interested in JKD in the northeast, there is an instructor still doing classes in Sunderland. He is the only official instructor in the UK who is qualified under Patrick Strong & his classes are excellent. Very hands on teaching with excellent training partners in the group. I've been training there for just over 6months now.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012