Jade Empire

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by BlueDragon1981, Mar 21, 2005.

1. BlueDragon1981

BlueDragon1981 In the House of Draven

This game is scheduled to come out soon. It is unique because it is a Martial Arts type game but it is also a role playing game.

If I had money I would buy it as soon as it came out. Reviews on it are all pretty high and it kind of is the first of its kind mixing MA and RPG type gaming. Hey if anyone gets this game let me know what its like.

Blue

2. Bellator Manus

Bellator Manus Warrior of the Hand

The only games that makes me cry for my bro taking the Xbox with him to College.

The game I always wanted! :cry:

3. Omicron

Omicron is around.

Yeah it looks great, but I wish it'd come out for something other than XBox! Maybe they'll make a PC version eventually...

4. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

They say there is supposed to be a system similar to what they had in Knights of the Old Republic. Different moral choices throughout the game won't determine whether you're good or evil, but what kind of fighting spirit you have. So there is some MA philosophy in there as well.

5. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

i hope so I LOVED kotor 1 and 2.

does anyone know if there is going to be a 3?

i hope it turns out to be like final fantasy and they release like 10 of them, its x-boxs only chance at actually spawning decent games.

6. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

i thought the KOTOR games were great too, but if its an MA game they'd better come up with a better combat system!

7. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

i hope so.

8. hunter_kaval

hunter_kaval The Ronin

Yeah the game designers have developed a new real-time fighting system instead of the turn based system in KOTOR 1 and 2, meaning you actually have to controll your character.

9. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

excellent, i'm not sure you could ever really make martial arts work properly with turn based combat

10. Bellator Manus

Exactly . . . . WAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! :cry:

11. DaiHomme52

DaiHomme52 New Member

I just saw the making of the game on G4TV and it looks real tight. Can't wait to get it.

12. Twimyo Jirugi

Twimyo Jirugi Me, but not

Had a lil play of it, quality game, just wish the fighting was more freeform.

13. geves

geves Valued Member

too bad the developers said the game only has about 20 hours of gameplay. :cry:

that's too short for an RPG (Metal gear 2 & 3 had that, including most action games nowadays).

hopefully the replay value will be through the roof.

EDIT: i just found out if you pre-order the game you get an extra charcter and a new weapon style.

but only if you pre-order it. i just pre-ordered mine from toysrus. cheers.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  14. Bellator Manus

You probably have a lot of replay value through the different characters and multiple story paths.

15. stickgirl

stickgirl Valued Member

Hi

I am so looking forward to this game, it seems that xbox is getting to grips with the whole rpg thing, especially since they have recruited Sakaguchi (the creator of the final fantasy games) to make some games for the next x box.

Should be picking up my copy of Jade Empire next week, :)