It's All About the Strength

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Pretty In Pink, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

What do you mean to "neutralize the opponent first"? I can understand words such as "kill your opponent", or "knock out your opponent". But to "neutralize your opponent" is not plain English to me. Are you sure that you and I live on the same planet and speak the same language?

The words that you have used just a bit too "abstract" for me. The MAP forum is not RSF forum. I don't believe people here like too much "abstraction".

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  2. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

shhhhhh!

It' hard to be clear when you are making this up as you go along. You are taxing the limits of Robins ability to fantasize what it's like to be in a fight, or in a "sporting" match.

Want to start a pool on how long it will be before he starts quoting The Art Of War or The Book Of 5 Rings?

3. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

or the tao of jkd...

4. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

5. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Your right, I missed that one.

Yo, Hood! Be like water dude, be like water.

6. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

ROBINHOOD

I have figured out your style or "background"

the art of strength without strength.....

7. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

Come on, you dont know what neutralize means ?, do you have a dictionary ?
    Where is all that research skill you have been doing on things?

How about the expression "Lead into emptiness", but literally it means to make neutral, neither offensive or defensive.

Does that help at all?.

Cheers

8. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

No, it doesn't. How about some specifics?

9. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

I know what "lead into emptiness" means but the fight is not over yet. You still have to knock your opponent out with your "strength".

Here is one example of "lead into emptiness". (5.23 - 5.30)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNHWh65RHYA"]Houston demo - YouTube[/ame]

10. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

11. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i lead people into emptiness with my 'hikite' (pulling hand). the emptiness being the 'kara' in 'karate-do' (empty hand way), and the "leading" into my 'empty' hand being when i punch them in the face and empty their brain-box.

12. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

I have not read The Book of 5 Rings, any good ?

Why do you say that I am making things up as I go ?

I would say everything I say is well documented in many documents by well known masters.

I will use a clearer condensed analogy of what's going on.

Cheers

13. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

I didn't say anything about knocking someone out with no power. But if we wanted to, I am sure we could come up with a few ways.

How about his head runs into something hard that is not your fist, that could knock him out. No what's is hard, how about, a floor, a wall, a pole, a car, some stairs, a counter, a bar top, a railing, etc. Etc.

You don't need to knock him out to keep him from continuing, just dislocate or breaks some small joints, that takes very little power if you have skill.

Cheers

14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Guaranteed fight enders they are.

15. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

I know who robin hood is. He is the illegitimate love child of Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris. That explains his awesome awesomeness.

16. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Like his knuckles? I'd rather just break his whole arm :/

17. cloystreng

cloystreng Valued Member

I think this is the first time you actually brought up a real technique. Slamming them into a wall or staircase. What martial art is this again?

edit: sorry, its passive voice. His head runs into the wall due to your skill.

18. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

If you stand on the river edge, and if your opponent is also stupid enough to come at you, he will deserve to be thrown off into the water.

At 7.32.

http://www.56.com/u55/v_NTIzMTM0MDQ.html

19. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Only on a martial arts forum could we spend so long discussing whether being better at something (strength) was a good thing.

Do we think anyone from gymnasts to baseball players thinks being weaker is better?

Mitch

20. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

THANK YOU! I mean let's put this in perspective! Nobody would argue that being slower is better, or less coordinated, or less tactical, or less aware...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.