ITF-C Grading Video Discussion

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Tezzer, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paddy ska

paddy ska Valued Member

Actually it's a cool wee tune (though with that dancy thump music you like, it might not be appreciated ) The Skatalites do a cool version

2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Like I wrote earlier - you don't have to travel anywhere. PM me where you train and I'll come spar you in the comfort of your own dojang, surrounded by your ITF-C friends. Ball is in your court.

Given your attitude it's no surprise you get into street fights. I can imagine a lot of people would like to smack that cheeky mouth of yours.

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

OK folks, I don't want to lock this thread, I try to Mod the TKD forum as little as possible, but let's all just remember some ground rules.

Deliberately posting to bait other members is not on. Don't do it.

Issuing challenges to other members is not on. Don't do it.

Passive/aggressive stuff wont fly. Don't do it.

Unsubstantiated accusations made with no evidence are not on. Don't make them.

If someone winds you up, walk away. If they are genuinely the person you think they are they will show themselves up. Quick reminder:
    4.3.3 If you find yourself being flamed or insulted by another member, please do not dignify that person with a response. Notify a moderator and let us handle it.

This forum runs nicely with a very rare correction from me, please let's keep it that way. If you want constant bickering and threads that always devolve into sniping, go do ninjutsu.:)

Mitch

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

:rolleyes:

No problem here. I just found out his age. I've got boxing gloves older than him.

5. Mitch

Deliberately posting to bait other members is not on. Don't do it.
    Mitch

6. StuartA

StuartA Guardian of real TKD :-)

No worries.. it was a bit of a laugh at first, but all the going round in circles, replying to the same ole stuff, to a blinkered anon's all got kinda boring anyway.

So I'll step back and leave anyone whose interested to this thread to carry on as they please (noting the mods words of course). However, I have a feeling that certain parties won't be so gracious, so I suggest you start adding up those "Unsubstantiated accusations made with no evidence" now, as I suspect they are going to continue in ordered to "bait other members" in a "Passive/aggressive" way! And that ain't cool! :)

Stuart

<<Pulls up hood, turns around, walks away with head held high>>

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  7. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Never been good understanding instructions:evil: I see what I was doing now, playing down the fact that he knows nothing. I do apologise:hat:

8. StuartA

:cool: :hat:

9. ayrshiretkd

ayrshiretkd Valued Member

against my better judgement i'm gonna make a post on this thread so here goes.
    i have been a tagb,independent, itf-nk and am currently an itf-c member and would just like to let everyone know that contrary to what the thread starter is saying we don't all believe we are the chosen ones of tkd. i believe it's the singer not the songsheet that's important and that every tkd group the world over has it's fair share of good and bad students. as for the video does it really matter how many stars someone rated it?? as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and tezzer's eye's were obviously liking what they saw although in fairness he saw something different from the rest of us (that's why we don't have blue belt's on grading panels). as for the itf copyright stuff i was under the impression anyone could use the logos and badges and i'm sure that was discussed in another thread so i won't go on about it as i don't have any legal experience so what i assume to be true might be totally wrong. moving on to master choi i can honestly say after a few of us having dinner with him last year after a seminar i have never met a more down to earth and honest master in my tkd life. he was willing to answer any question we chucked at him and was refreshingly open about questions regarding his past. my last experience before this of high ranking masters was of them expecting to be treated like royalty and i don't really buy into that unless they earn your respect first. please don't judge all itf-c members the same because of one person( the thread starter) as some of us are genuinley just interested in tkd as a whole and not one part of it.

rant over

sean

10. StuartA

Not a rant, but a good and fair, impartial post from a current ITF-C member, as well as someone whose trod a few paths in this area.

Don't worry, I don't believe anyone on here is judging the whole of ITF-C rather simply making counter-arguments/discussions.

Like I said in the thread, I myself have many good friends and associates within ITF-C's membership.

Stuart
    Ps. just like we don't judge the TAGB cos they allow TKDMitch in it :)

11. Tezzer

Tezzer Banned Banned

Stu mate.

What are there "unsubstantiated accusations" you keep on about?:confused: Yes I'm genuinely confused.

Lets keep it simple.

I asked a simple question regarding you rating vids on youtube. Now that could have been cleared up pretty quickly if you'd give a straighforward answer. Doesnt really matter what that answer is to be honest. You could have said I just happened to see those two and chose to mark them. No big deal. Not much left to say after that.

Instead you let your mates lose and then came in on this passive aggressive trip. You still aint admitted to marking the gradig vid even though you know you did. you answers have been alonh the lines of "Prove it". That just aint necessary mate.

And as one member said, at the start it was as if I was being talked down to. Like, who does this little blue belt think he is asking Stu a question and even wanting a reply.

I was even called aliar for suggesting you did mark itdown when we both know did. :confused:

I was then called a whole load of names. You called me "sheep" just cos I said I believed the ITF-C version of ITF histroy. That aint on mate.

I'm glad TKD-Mitch used "passive aggressive" cos thats the word I been looking for. I said I was doing true TKD and was threatend. Now theres loads of people in the ITF who still think WTF and all the others aint real TKD. Ask them.

Still, none of it bothers me. PA Smith said I took it all in good spirit and I did.

All the stuff about the MAP meet was just larking around. Mate you shouldn't take yourself so seriously :cool:

With regard to the vid marking. You should have taken a leaf out of Superfoots book on the C word controversy. First he denied it. Then he held his hands up. Result is its now forgotten. Completely blown over.

All the talk about libel and stuff just makes it seem bigger than what it is. it aint that important. It was just a simple question.

Lets keep it light-heated mate:cool:

12. Tezzer

Tezzer Banned Banned

Very nice post Sir.:):cool:

13. Tezzer

Tezzer Banned Banned

Mate, I'm not going to make a complaint about this but let it go.:cool:

"that cheeky mouth of yours" Hmm wonder what Mr Walton said when he heard your choice adjective? :confused::)

And perhaps you could explain why you said that ITF-C is run by "rogues"? Wasn't that the word you use mate? I think requesting an explanation about such a statement is perfectly acceptable?

Before you shout "LIbel" again. Take time to check this time mate.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  14. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

As I explained before, and as I'll explain again, Mr. Walton and I shared a sense of humour that you seem too immature to understand. Everyone else on this forum understood the context in which I made those earlier comments [as a compliment, in case you still don't understand] so no more need be said.

The ITF-C, in my opinion, are not the true ITF as you believe them to be, because of the numerous reasons I have already mentioned in this thread and in the "Real deal ITF" thread: The federal court of Canada said so, Gen. Choi said so, nearly every other master of equal rank [but far more experience] said so, etc., etc. I think this answers clearly the points I raised. So, no more need be said.

Like I said - Ball is in your court.

I'm going to take Mitch's advice and this will be my last post in this thread.

15. Mitch

That's the accusation.

Prove it or stop making it.

Final warning.

Mitch

16. StuartA

I've been trying to but you still seem to get confused. I strongly advise you to lsiten to the forum moderator AND go back and read my last post. Im really not interested in going over and over he same old stuff with you simply becaus you cannot accept the answers.

No theres not. ALL your questions have been answered. If you don't like the answers.. tough luck!

You can call them that if it makes you feel better. Fact is, Ive never met any of them except one and he hasnt even posted an opinion. (Not including the poster who trained with me when i was a yellow belt.)

Well you know the saying "You get what you give"! Some thruth in that eh!

Doesnt correspond as you never staed your grade until much later in the htread, so thats another untruth!

then you should have hit the complaint button. Thats what its for!

I take people with no names, bringing me into a situation that I never even mentioned regarding physical contact very seriously! I mean, if you are afraid to put your name on here, why would I believe you were an honourable person wanting a friendly spar!!

Really.. so thats why your following post says to superfoot:
    How much honour is there in your words then!!

Lets not keep it at all.. as I said previously, your ramblings are getting real boring.. so unless you have something NEW to add rather than your previously answered questions, don't bother asking me anything! - let me know if you need that clarified or you are confused again!

Stuart

17. Tezzer

Tezzer Banned Banned

What? Why the aggessiveness mate?

Like i said it was told to me by someone who saw it and had no reason to lie. it aint showing anymore cos the activity box only shows the last five ratings. Why you being so heavy about it? Almost like youre taking it personally? he definatley made and and he hasn't denied doing so has he? At first he claimed he clouldn't remembver, then once he realsied it wasnt showing anyomre he keopt asking me to "prove it" justy like youre doiong now. Why didnt you aske me to "prove it" when you split the thread? it was you that did that not me. I didnt hear you say "prove it" then .So why now? Cos Stu told you to:cool:

find your post a bit strange to be honest.

Final warning? I aint been give any warniing yet have I? And if I have what for? It aint me thats been threatening people. I don't see you issuing Superfoot with any warnings at all? Nor Liam Cullen? Nor Stu for that matter for all his name calling all against the TOS or Martial dad.

Looks like Stus calling an end to me being here.:confused:

MAybe he is the One after all and all shall folow him. makes his quoate that about "True giold not fearing the fire" seem a bit lame tho.
    Oh well , so it goes.

Just for the record mate. I aint done nothin wrong. I made a fair comment. Thats all.

I'm find YOU pretty aggressive to be honest.

Arent you supposed to be impartial in your mod role?:confused:

18. Tezzer

Tezzer Banned Banned

Stu I aint got much to say to you at all. Can't handle honest questions of a lowly blue belt?

Looks bad mate.

"True Gold doesnt fear the fire" PFFFtt.

Fact is you know the truth and so do I. yet you'd rather let your friends call me a liar and get me banned than admit it. Thats pretty poor man.

What are those TKD Tenets again?:rolleyes:

19. paulol

paulol Valued Member

look i don't really care for the content of this thread as it's quite childish.

but just to define things here, Tezzer you said the above statement is the basis of your question to Stuart.

this might be fine if you met him in person and had a casual face to face conversation. but if you post it on the internet, then you have to have links to the proof to show that you are not "trolling". this is especially true if it is an internet based claim.

i'm not saying that Stuart did or did'int do what you claim he did, or that your friends are liars.

but if this went to a court of law it would be thrown out after your opening arguments.

leave off this thing about the video and forget about it man, i'm sure it quite entertaining raging about it in the dressing room after training every week. but i afraid thats where it should stay in this case. the mods would be well within their rights to ban you no matter how true you feel you are ;)

i vote for this thread to be locked, as most of the other items mentioned here are being vomited out on other threads at the moment and this one has really run it's course.

20. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Tezzer,

I've followed this entire thread and contributed from time to time.
    I'm not in any TKD organisation, nor have I ever been. I'm not in the multi-style IOAMAS that Stuart set up. I've met Stuart once and covered for another guest instructor at his Dojang, and I agree with a large number of the things (but by no means all) that Stuart says in some of his posts, and the things that I have seen in a number of the articles he has written. But, I have no political axe to grind. While I gave my impression of the Kata video, I have not given any impression (that I recall) of the grading video.

Reading this thread as an outsider to TKD, whether intentional or not, your posts come across as if you are trying to create trouble between Stuart and the ITF-C. That is a breach of ToS.

While some usually very well behaved members have made some sharp posts on this thread, it seems to me that they have done so in response to provocative comments from you. Your comments could be interpreted as a breach of ToS. I don't want to debate this - that is how it seems to me and probably to a number of mods. I accept that this may not have been your intention.

With regard to the video rating, Stuart isn't going to admit to something that he can't remember doing. My personal impression of Stuart is that had he done it - he would have admitted it. He's not the sort of man not to publicly stand by his opinions or actions. In MAP's ToS I seem to recall that there is a requirement of a burden of proof. As you can't prove that he rated the video, it is time to stop making the allegation and move on.

To me your posts have indicated that while you have rather inflexible views, you are very interested in TKD training and also in self defence. There are plenty of other debates and threads here on MAP that you could enjoy and be a valuable contributer to. That would seem to be a good way forward.

Good Luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.