Is Ninjutsu Really Effective?2

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Kurama1234, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

What is sakki?

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

You crash into a Sakki truck of course!

3. jclevien

jclevien Valued Member

Really? I don't believe so, Duncan Stewart was feeling danger about an earthquake, which finally was for real.

Look at this blog: https://tazziedevil.wordpress.com/page/2/

Dean Winchester, I already answered your question. If you want more details, look for them.

Chadderz, how smart you are.

Thank you.

4. Dean Winchester

No you didn't, you answered one question. The second I asked was slightly different.

So what is sakki, what does the sakki test assess?

It sounds like you are a little confused to be honest and are mixing things up a bit.

5. Pretty In Pink

I'm actually pretty average, but I appreciate the compliment :)

6. jclevien

jclevien Valued Member

Like I said: "I felt like goosebumps in my body, and simply moved. I didn't took the choice, was only my instinct of survival."

For me that is sakki. The instinct of survival that all people have. I comes when you don't think, just feel the situation.

I don't lived the sakki test because I never took it. I had the chance to experiment with shihans about when you think and what you submit, and when you stop thinking, but is all I can write.

Keep in mind that I have no rank, so ideas may change in time. I only wrote what I lived, as the original question asked.

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

So how come people get killed in accidents?
    How do snipers kill other soldiers?

8. Pretty In Pink

Obviously because they didn't train Ninjutsu.

9. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

"blog" is not synonymous with "proof" or indeed "scientific paper" - also worth noting as he mentions "2000 years" as justification for clinging to archaic notions he is pretty much toast as any kind of authority or clear thinker

What you described is 100% a standard visceral function of a body under stress that has nothing to do with sakki - read up on it

10. jclevien

jclevien Valued Member

THE FORCE OF THE KILLER

During a later training season, one of the students asked the master in a polite tone: "What do all these personality aspects has to do with fighting?"
    Hatsumi sensei smiled warmly. "They have to do with not needing to fight". There was a momentary pause while we contemplated the comment.
    "There are certain types of conflict where you might not even realize that you have an adversary. You would not even have a chance to fight.
    How do you fight a sniper armed with a silenced rifle? How do you fight an assassin who stabs you unseen from behind? How do you fight the man who
    rigs your car to explode when you turn on the ignition?"

The teachers present kept their gaze on the master. They seemed to know the answers. The rest of us shifted around uneasily and looked at each other
    with questioning glances.

Hatsumi sensei broke the silence. "There is no way that you can fight him." It was not the answer I had been hoping to hear.

"Since you cannot successfully fight this adversary, you must learn to protect yourself in other ways. The ninja refines his perceptive abilities
    to a level higher than most humans, and becomes sensitive to input from sources in addition to his five physical senses. The ability to perceive what
    we call 'premonitions of danger' takes the ninja to the fifth of the nine developmental levels.

"An attacker, whether man or animal, puts forth his harmful intentions as a sort of vibration or thought impulse. Just as we say that sights, smells,
    or sounds are things, we can also say that thoughts are things. The ninja refers to these thoughts impulses that accompany harmful intentions as sakki
    (the force of the killer). This sakki is there to be perceived, regardless of whether or not we are sensitive enough to pick it up.

"When you are sensitive enough to detect this intention of harmful action, you can fight back by simply not being where the attack will take place."

Extract from the book "The Ninja and Their Secret Fighting Art", by Stephen K. Hayes.

11. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Two questions:

1. Have you taken the sakki test? Interested as you say you have no rank.

2: You mention "kyojutsu", did you mean that, or did you mean "kyojitsu"?

12. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

My reaction to the content and delivery of this extract is one of deep amusement.

13. Dean Winchester

Ok so how does a freak accident figure into this?

ps. Probably best not to rely on Hayes.

14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

That Hatsumi is one funny guy.

15. Hannibal

Absolute bollocks

16. Dean Winchester

I disagree.

On many occasions I have got home late from the pub and had this unexplained feeling of dread as I open the front door.

17. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

So what your saying is, you felt, a force awakened?

18. Dean Winchester

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

19. Hannibal

That's just a lousy memory or you would have remembered what happened last time and the time before. And the time before that. And the.............

20. Hannibal

“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.” ~Buddha (563-483 B.C.)