Iran Detains British Sailors in Iraq Waters

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by angacam, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

There is a world of difference between cracking under torture and cracking because they take away your i-pod. ;)

If that was their orders then that's fair enough.

But was it? :confused:

2. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

to be fair, I'm not sure I'd cope without my iPod anymore.

It wasn't their orders, but it was what their superiors would have expected them to do. They didn't have orders because they were never trained for this.

3. Legless_Marine

Legless_Marine Banned Banned

Amusingly, it appears that their "interrogation" wasn't any worse than the usual mind games one could expect in a North American cop shop - If that.

They probably caved as soon as they heard they woulnd't receive one of Ahmadinejad's gift bags.

It was a far cry from America's own Abu Ghraib or Guantanamo bay, where torture is routinely used.

On the other hand, one of the Sailors had his Ipod stolen, which I'm sure will leave him in counselling for a few years, at the very least.

4. Devoken

Devoken On the Path-Off the Rails

Aha. So...it would have been okay if they cracked under torture then? So they would have given the same information anyway but they would have been tortured to get it and that would make it okay? Outside of the movies torture is a bloody terrifying prospect. I agree with holyheadjch, they did exactly what they should have done; their countries are not at war. If you went to a foreign country and were arrested, would you just sit there and refuse to cooperate? ("Torture me all you want! You'll never break me! I was only talking to that prostitute!" :D).

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

hmm... not reallly sure the last time you had to deal with North American cops... but they don't detain you blindfolded and then **** weapons so that you can hear them. :rolleyes:

6. Devoken

Devoken On the Path-Off the Rails

Haha, it censors the word ****. :D