Introducing myself and Xa-Ryu

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Xa-Ryu, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Cheekers1989

Cheekers1989 Valued Member

Wow, you guys weren't kidding about if we told any fibs you would come down on us hard! I'm super scared now! And Dean? Most of the websites that you gave links to are saying not found... which I guess means that he changed or shut down the sites again.

But I guess everyone had there fun with this. Too bad I didn't get a chance to watch it unfold.

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

I think the guy changed his system name a number of times at least partly because of the bad publicity he was getting from the questioning here. Certainly he changed once while active on this thread, shortly after we pulled apart a number of his claims.

It was really quite amusing!

3. LeaFirebender

LeaFirebender Ice Bear has ninja stars

4. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Now seems to be lurking at:

ICA-trying to appear as a gov site?

On Facebook

LinkedIn

About The International Combat Authority:

"The ICA CQC XA System licensing provides defence and CQC training for bodyguards, security guards, door supervisors, cash in transit personnel, maritime security, police and military. CQC licensing is in place to ensure that industry professionals are able to deal with most conflict and/or combat situations at a legal but effective level.

The ICA Approved Training Provider Scheme introduces a set of operational and performance standards for suppliers of international security training. Training providers and organisations that meet these standards receive ICA Approved Training Provider status. This accreditation provides the company or organisation with proof of a training providers commitment to excellence"

5. Aegis

I can't help feeling smug that a handful of posts on our website forced him to change the name of his organisation twice in one year and ban all external access to his history, training descriptions, etc.

Then I realise that he's still out there peddling whatever it is he hammered together, presumably with the questions regarding his history still unanswered.

Caveat emptor, everyone...

6. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

A lot of the ones in three brigade and UKSFSR are Army. Some are RAF and some are RN, most are RM though.

7. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Maybe something fishy being operated too as this page shows mulitple connected (security type) companies all registered at one address (though it could be an accountant or solicitors address I suppose)

All seemingly with no accounts having been filed...

http://www.companieslist.co.uk/08210437-international-combat-alliance-ica-ltd

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  8. Aegis

Looks like Mr Richard Spencer has had to change his website yet again. This time there's no mention of any credentials on the actual site, however the domain name is linked to him (checked via a WHOIS service).

On the plus side, the lack of stated credentials might mean he's decided to turn over a new leaf and actually just teach some stuff without all the dubious trappings. Fingers crossed on that one!

New site is here: www.icacqc.com

9. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Can we pass his email address to Badger Ladder ?

Mitch

10. OwlMAtt

OwlMAtt Armed and Scrupulous

My, that's a suspicious-looking web site. If you let your mouse pointer go over the pictures on the home page, you will discover that the "Copyright ICA" caption in each of them is website text and not part of the picture. It's almost as if someone just found a couple pictures on the internet and wrote "Copyright ICA" over the top of them. Also funny that there are no addresses.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  11. OwlMAtt

12. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

Wow, con artists don't last long here do they!

13. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

They don't tend to thrive too well.....I personally prefer our more balanced approach to teh feeding frenzy at bullshido, but that is sometimes much funnier!

14. OwlMAtt

It never ceases to amaze me how many con artists and hacks come here. Who do they think they're going to fool on a board full of actual martial artists? That'd be like Kevin Trudeau trying to sell his books at a convention of medical professionals.

Con 101: if you're going to pretend to be an expert, stay away from the actual experts.

15. OwlMAtt

Speaking of those guys, they have a lot of people who devote a great deal of time and resources to taking down frauds. Maybe we should pass them some info about our friend Richard.

16. Hannibal

I'll mention it - although as a general rule they tend to prefer teh person "reporting" to do the actual investigation.

Despite their rep, Bullshido do a fantatstic and VERY thorough job of debunking people

17. OwlMAtt

Oh yeah, the martial arts encyclopedia on Bullshido.org is full of very well-done debunkings.

18. OwlMAtt

Actually, it turns out I still have a functioning Bullshido account from God-knows-when. Maybe I'll bring it up.

19. Hannibal

I'm on there as Hanniballistic...although I don't drop in much these days because they are blocked at work as "high risk,dubious repute" website

20. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member