Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by Ghost Frog, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Well I'm about to start BJJ back today - I'll be doing:

:D

again. I did it for about a year previously and will be trying to get me some MMA fights around the beginning of next year.

2. money

money New Member

He's totally not lying, ******* woulda arm-barred me if I wasn't saved by the bell. :eek:

3. Texas TKD

Texas TKD Blackbelt Punching Back

I have been doing BJJ for 1.5 hours!!! I love it!!! I have also been practicing TKD for 3 years.

I train with some guys who workout with Travis Tooke.

I am really excited to tell you what happened on my first day of class!!! There was a guy in class that has an anger problem. From what I understand, he had been slamming people for a couple of nights in a row. On this night, he also threw a punch at another guy. On this night, the instructor put him in some kind of uniform choke and did not let it go until he had advised him that his behavior was not going to be tolerated at this school. I LOVE DISCIPLEN!!!!!!! :cool:

4. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

It's that Scarlet Mist.
    You know, that Scar Misty.

I get my BJJ on from time to time. Couple months gi and no gi, currently do no-gi, with a focus on preparing for MMA fights. Good times.

5. jamie1976

jamie1976 Valued Member

not bjj but close

hey my names jamie the art i do is a bit mixed up lol its mainly a grappleing and submission art but it also has striking its proberly 75% grappleing and submissions 25% striking its called chinese grappleing sorry to jump on this forum but i got now home for my art as its so messed up but its one of the oldest recorded chinese martial arts so i cant see why its so unheard of lol.
    jamie :woo:

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Well now I've started training its time to introduce myself...

The name is Frodocious and I've just started BJJ. I live on the Wirral, which is a small peninsula just below Liverpool. I train BJJ (no-gi) for 1 hour once a week at a place in Birkenhead (I've currently done 2 classes and am hoping to have my 3rd this week, if the stinking cold I have at the moment lets up!). However, following on from my BJJ class I do a MMA class that also has some grappling techniques.

I've done martial arts on and off for many years and studied a variety of styles including Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu (my favourite style), Muay Thai, Capoeira and Iaido. My Bujinkan class isn't running at the moment so I thought I would try something new. I was lucky enough to find a BJJ class 5 minutes drive from my home that runs at a time that will let me do both BJJ and my Bujinkan class when it starts up again.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  7. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

I study at the Rickson Gracie International Jiu Jitsu Center in West L.A. I take private lessons from Kron Gracie. I've been studying for 6 months now.

8. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

I live in NY, Blue Belt at Serra BJJ

9. kneeonstomach

kneeonstomach New Member

Intros

Steve BJJ Black Belt Surrey England..........

10. slideyfoot

slideyfoot Co-Founder of Artemis BJJ

Steve Haydock? Cool: nice to have you on here. :D

11. kneeonstomach

kneeonstomach New Member

Yes indeed Slidey....

12. UninspiredUser

UninspiredUser Valued Member

Hey, I'm Jesse from Adelaide in South Australia. I've had just two lessons in BJJ so far.

13. soyez efficaces

soyez efficaces Valued Member

welcome mate, wat school you under in SA?

paul

14. UninspiredUser

UninspiredUser Valued Member

ABS Extreme Combat Academy. I've taken the three lesson thing to try it out, but I'm really liking it and intending to sign up when my third lesson is over.

15. judobjj

judobjj New Member

I am a BJJ Brown Belt under Karl Tanswell at http://www.sbguk.co.uk which is SBG UK.

I also train Judo lots and have trained for the best part of a decade in alive arts - boxing, thai boxing, and some wrestling but I don't like getting hit that much any more :)

Check my own site at http://www.judobjj.com

16. slideyfoot

slideyfoot Co-Founder of Artemis BJJ

Out of interest, where did you wrestle? Doesn't seem too easy to find in the UK, but I'd be interested in giving it a go some time.

17. Djwlfpack

Djwlfpack New Member

Been training for 6 mo. in BJJ. Mostly Gi, but some no-Gi as well. Am a one-stripe white belt currently. Train in Colorado and really enjoy the sport, even though I still have much to learn.

18. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

It's difficult, isn't it? I found this site though...
    www.britishwrestling.org
    It has a club list, but you have to save the .pdf before you can open it.

19. chenstyle44

chenstyle44 Valued Member

starting out, again

hi,
    just starting to train with josh russell of gracie barra calgary way up here in calgary, alberta, canada.
    look forward to sharing my triumphs and disappointments here, as well as learning more from you guys and girls, if there are any.
    catch you later.
    Gord:)

20. American HKD

American HKD New Member

Hi Guys,

I posted here so I think I should introduce myself.

I've been doing Bjj for about 5 years and am currently a Blue Belt in Bjj (Relson Gracie line) and Gaijin Ryu JJ a system derived from Bjj, Judo, wrestling, etc...

I really like the system and think it's important part of an overall approach to martial arts training.

I'm also a Hapkido instr. with over 25 years in the system.

Nice to be here!