Incarnations of Immortality

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Wali, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Wali

Wali Valued Member

Has anyone else read this 7 part series from Piers Anthony?

I picked up the 1st book over 10 years ago, and still find myself reading the whole thing again every so often, as I find them so good.

Basic premise is that things like Time, War, Fate, Death, Nature etc.... are Living things, which are personified and very much alive and interactive. There is a plot by Satan to trick them all, and the book is written in a very clever way.

Anyone else come accross this series? If not, I highly recommend them.

2. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

I've seen them and several friends have recommended them to me. However I find Piers Anthony is as long-winded as Robert Jordan in his own way. Hell he still refers to the Xanth books as a triology! :eek: What was the last count 15 books in the triology? In a book titled Juxtaposition he spent an entire chapter discribing a patricular color of blue.

3. Wali

Wali Valued Member

lol... your quite right.. he can be very long winded, and I'm not a real Xanth fan, but I do hold this series in high regard, as it doesn't follow that trend. The books tie in with each other in a very clever way.. at least I seemed to think so! :rolleyes:

4. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

I guess between all of my friends badgering me to read these books I should give them a go.