Important announcement from Grand Tuhon Gaje and Mandala Rommel Tortal

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by juramentado, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Wow. Its Bruce Lee

2. tim_stl

tim_stl Valued Member

that's terribly disappointing, but i understand. still, i want to be like you. if i find an authorized teacher of pekiti tirsia and become a student, will i then understand the truth of weapons combatives, or do i need to go to the jungles of luzon? i don't know if i can afford it. how long did you stay there? how much did it cost you? i want to be a real warrior, not one of these jokers that learns a little bit of how to bang sticks together and then talks trash on the internet. help me understand your journey.

tim

3. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

So you only alowed to teach lies then???? Wow a real warrior. I know some people who like warriors. They like to eat them. Hehehe!

4. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

With my lack of artistic ability - I can probably do more harm by showing my enemies a painting :)

5. KaliPooh73

KaliPooh73 Banned Banned

"Hours, or days of our training can defeat years of yours. Deal with it." -Maginoo-Mandala Tim Waid (USMC-Ret.)

that's the closest explanation I can muster, physical interface will be necessary to understand. I'm using "god" here as means to explain this disparity in thought and skill, I am not using it as some religious connotation. if you've seen the latest "Thor" preview, that's what I am trying to point at (not the Bible):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOddp-nlNvQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOddp-nlNvQ[/ame]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  6. Amok

Amok Valued Member

I got the 'god' part. You are a god (Zeus) compared to practicioners of other systems.

So I take it you can beat people here who have trained for 10 years just because you've trained with Tim Waid? (for how long?)

7. KaliPooh73

KaliPooh73 Banned Banned

you don't buy the title you earn it through blood, tears and sweat. learn and practice. understand.

8. KaliPooh73

KaliPooh73 Banned Banned

people here paint animals and wear black belts and own mcdojos. people here are not the street or the yard or the battlefield. people here live in cyber fantasy. people here are fat and old.

9. ritche-stl

ritche-stl Valued Member

hi tim, i'm planning to go to philippines next year, do you want to go? unfortunately i won't be going to the jungles of Luzon, as you know i'm from mindanao. maybe i can take you to the jungles of Mindanao, will that make it even better? Mindanao sounds more cool that Luzon. i can also introduce you to some military guys there that only want to bang sticks. ooops you don't want those guys, you really would want those that use blades and knives only. they may not be military guys but i think we can meet them as well.

10. Amok

Amok Valued Member

I don't know about that. I've seen some posters here in action .They have posted thier videos . I have yet to see yours. Care to post them?

11. Amok

Amok Valued Member

I agree. Can we earn titles through blood ,sweat and tears ,learning and understanding without having to go through Tim Waid or do we only have to go through him only?

12. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

You were doing real well until you said "fat and old" - some of the absolutely most battle scarred warriors I have met have been fat and/or old - and you know what, it didn't matter, they still had 'it'.

This will be a real interesting thread if you come back and give us all an update in twenty or thirty years time :)

13. KaliPooh73

KaliPooh73 Banned Banned

I've seen videos too, and unlike you I am not easily impressed. I don't post videos, because much of what we do should not be done by mere citizens or weekend warriors or computer programmers.

14. tim_stl

tim_stl Valued Member

i'm not trying to buy a title, just trying to buy my plane ticket and room and board. how much did it cost you for food and such while you were in luzon?

tim

15. tim_stl

tim_stl Valued Member

only if they are true warriors. have they been tested in the jungles?

tim

16. tim_stl

tim_stl Valued Member

dammit- i'm a computer programmer. does that mean i can't learn pekiti tirsia, or that i can't be trained in luzon? i really want to be a warrior. does it mean i have to quit my job?

tim

17. Amok

Amok Valued Member

but how do we know whether you know what you are talking about if we don't see you in action ? Are we supposed to just believe what you say? Aren't we allowed to see with our own eyes how good you are?

18. KaliPooh73

KaliPooh73 Banned Banned

if you compare photos of PTK instructors and pictures of modern arnis, balintawak, doce pares, combatant, etc. you will notice there are a lot of fat bodies out there. there is a reason why fat bodies are forbidden in militaries, in sports and law enforcement. they are liabilities, combat ineffective. your body is your temple, a strong mind is found in a strong body.

you think being a fatty in prison will make your chance of survival grow? combat favors the strong, not the fat.

19. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

As a point of interest.

Historically speaking what were the "battlefield" systems in the Philippines?

20. KaliPooh73

KaliPooh73 Banned Banned

PTK, unlike other arts, tend to be uniform. if you notice in videos we don't get too creative to the point of ineffectivity. so if you see videos of other PTK prominents that is PTK.