I'm wondering

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by vampyregirl, Mar 3, 2012.

1. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

Who makes the big money? CHAMPIONS. DO you not get that? Thats why i list champions. ANd you claim to know im wrong. How do you know?

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

@ Vampyre girl... just stop. Seriously. Go back and read about the last 10 posts directed at you. It's getting ridiculous. :bang:

3. komuso

komuso Valued Member

Hey, Slip,

stop being the fun police! My brain has gone to sleep putting together a lecture on just such nonesense, and I am very into the irony of this discussion happening at the same time :)

Vampyre, you could have saved yourself a lot of grief just by actually treating this as a question. I.e. Do boxers blow their cash faster than others? Answer - impossible to know given the available information. Instead you have chosen to go to the wall with absolutely no resources to back you up.
    If nothing else, this should be a lesson in strategy for you.

paul

4. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

Barkley is so broke not only has he had to fight long after his prime, he even made an offer on ebay, offering to have dinner with anyone who would pay him $20. Hearns had to auction off most of his possesions to pay his taxes. Look up Hearns dead broke on youtube. Tyson was millions in debt last i heard.
    So what is your idea of a poor house?

5. komuso

komuso Valued Member

sigh

I have a research question for you all. What lives under a bridge and eats goats?

paul

6. slipthejab

It's not that it's not a valid or interesting topic for discussion... because it is. It's hardly the first time it's come up. On any boxing forum anywhere it comes up and often... but when one just charges in and makes statements as facts... and then can't back them up the convo just deteriorates into a running battle that no one really gets much out of.

The very first point that anyone looking at this issue in boxing should start is most likely with the issue of the mob in boxing and how they've fleeced fighters for years. What a fighter makes in the headlines is not what a fighter walks home with. Not by a long shot.

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

BUT IT IS NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE BOXERS IT IS BECAUSE THEY SUCK AT MAKING FINANCIAL PLANNING IN THE SAME WAY EVERY FRICKING SECTOR OF SOCIETY DOES - FILM STARS, SINGERS AND EVRYBODY ELSE IN THE FRICKING WORLD!!!! PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDS AND ACTUALLY LISTEN INSTEAD OF SPOUTING SUCH ABSOLUTE CRAP THAT YOU CANNOT BACK UP WITH ANY FACTS BECAUSE YOU ARE NOW BEYOND WRONG AND INTO STUBBORN IDIOCY!!!!!!

8. Hannibal

BUT IT IS NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE BOXERS IT IS BECAUSE THEY SUCK AT MAKING FINANCIAL PLANNING IN THE SAME WAY EVERY FRICKING SECTOR OF SOCIETY DOES - FILM STARS, SINGERS AND EVRYBODY ELSE IN THE FRICKING WORLD!!!! PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDS AND ACTUALLY LISTEN INSTEAD OF SPOUTING SUCH ABSOLUTE CRAP THAT YOU CANNOT BACK UP WITH ANY FACTS BECAUSE YOU ARE NOW BEYOND WRONG AND INTO STUBBORN IDIOCY!!!!!!

9. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

I don't take strategy advice from you and i don't feel any grief.

10. slipthejab

You do realize none of this backs up your assertion at all right? It's little more than rhetoric at this point. :rolleyes:

11. Hannibal

You don't do martial arts either but it doesn't stop you crapping up the boards

12. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Forgot to scratch off Barkley....

Tyson maybe in debt, but he still has assets

BUT...out of the "list"...Barkley seems to be the ONLY one to really have it bad.....

13. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

Did i say it was because they were boxers? I said it seems to happen quite a lot with them. Learn to read before you call me an idiot.

14. Hannibal

YES YOU DID!!!

You explcitly stated it was disproportionate amongst boxers so yeah, you did

Seriously, just give up

15. slipthejab

@ Vampyregirl - ok I think it's time you take a break from this thread. Seriously. You're not helping yourself at all and you still don't seem to grasp why everyone is taking issue with your statements. Now you're doing nothing but tit for tat posting and it's not really contributing anything. You're entering trolling territory. Let's not go there... it's not going to end nicely.

16. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

So whats your point? I never it was just because they were boxers. Did i say ALL fighters go broke? No. I said many do. Learn how to read .

17. komuso

komuso Valued Member

meh,

it's that whole horse-water thing again. And in classic jaded academic mode I am going to happily leave vampyregirl to live in the fantasy world she so comfortably inhabits, where all boxers are stupid paupers and unicorns frolic.

paul

18. 47MartialMan

We could stereotype anyone who uses the term "Vampyre" may have some social issues :hat:

19. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

You may be right.

20. 47MartialMan

You forgot to include;

...to become a fighter maybe you need a violent streak naturally

and

squander millions......