Im so lucky

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by jbm, Sep 3, 2003.

1. jbm

jbm New Member

I just heard that there is a boxing gym in the basement of a church that i live literally 5 steps away from, open monday to thursday, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I have never did boxing before but do you think that someone who's into martial arts should do boxing. I mean i guess it wouldn't hurt but would'nt doing muay thai or kickboxing be better for someone who likes to do more than throwing punches. It would definetly get me in good fighting shape, thats the whole reason why i want to do it. And the trainer I hear is a very good trainer and a golden glove champion.

Any comments

2. Joe karate

Joe karate New Member

Yes you should do it i think if you can. You'll throw very good punches. And doing thai or kickboxing MAY be better with a good teacher but then again why pass on boxing. Is there a thai boxing gym close to you that you would rather be at, then try it out.

But for God's sake just make do with what you have! Have FUN to!

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Awesome! Go for it!

4. Cain

Cain New Member

Yeah boxing is damn great man, I would have gone for it if only it had'nt been so far away :(

|Cain|

5. Hakko-Ryu

Hakko-Ryu New Member

Go with the boxing bro! Boxing can be considered a martial arts too...it all depends on how u see it.

6. jbm

jbm New Member

yeah I guess ill for it you guys. And im pretty pumped up about it to. Just like karate joe said Ill throw pretty good punches. I guess its every martial artists desire to be good in every aspect of fighting why not take advantage of this opportunity.

peace

7. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

LUCKY!!!

8. jbm

jbm New Member

Yeah i also didn't mention that i dont have a car so the short distance is a definate +. But i like to walk anyway.

9. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

also, footwork, dodging and movement... I'd do it!

10. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I'm wondering if you live anywheres near me... I'd join you!

I would so want to become a female boxer ....

... unfortunately all the boxing gyms I've checked into are rather seedy and no place for a lady;)

eh... maybe in my next life:Angel:

11. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

jbm- I envy you a lot, man. Good luck.

12. cmaauk

cmaauk Valued Member

Original post by Kickchick:
    "I would so want to become a female boxer ....

... unfortunately all the boxing gyms I've checked into are rather seedy and no place for a lady;)"

Hi Kikchick my wife is an ABA female boxing coach so you should go for it, but yes there are a lot of seedy gyms out there.

Try this website www.ladyboxer.co.uk they maybe able to help you find somewhere you can train.
    :D