I'm out.....

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Incredible Bulk, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Your post was a little garbled.
    It looks like you are saying to Peter "You would simply get laughed at, I don't think anybody would take you seriously enough to ask you to prove it...".
    Which obviously isn't taking him seriously at all.

Although I don't think that's what you meant.

2. aaron_mag

aaron_mag New Member Supporter

Actually I thought it was pretty clear he was saying. I was confused as to why Peter responded the way he did as well. But, in the end, it wasn't that big of a deal. I just chalked it up to how communicating over the internet is hard because you don't have the visual cues we use face to face.

I mean you can be totally joking with someone, laughing your butt off while typing, and then they read it and don't understand its a joke because the words don't translate your body language and such. Lots of miscommunication can happen...but in the end not a big deal. We're all just amateurs discussing...

3. Smokemare

Smokemare ITF TKD 2nd Dan

Ah... I see, I see what you mean - no that's not what I meant. I meant, from my limited knowledge of Eskrima, any Filipino practitioners would think you were having them on if you told them you a master at 20 odd something, or they'd think you were making a joke.

Because certainly in Eskrima, I was under the impression the people who have the greatest respect in it - have that respect because they've earned it by duelling challengers. Certainly that is the case with Illustrisimo - I believe even in relatively senior years HE was getting called out by people.

I was not making fun of Eskrima, I was trying to establish it as a very serious art that is probably more extreme-core than many people care for, that if somebody has a reputation in that art then they are probably somebody who is quite physically dangerous to have a confronation with.

Sorry - does that make sense? I genuinely have a VERY high respect for any Eskrimadors, and would certainly not like to fight one.

4. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

Thank you very much Mr PASmith

Yes...that's exactly how it read to me! Anyway, it's no problem to me at all.

5. Peter Lewis

No worries and many thanks for your respect. As a senior representative of Bakbakan Kali Ilustrisimo, I can fully confirm the exploits of the late Grandmaster Antonio 'Tatang' Ilustrisimo. He was highly revered and feared.

With respect

Peter

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  6. Peter Lewis

Aaron_mag

Agreed and that's why I stated 'Hilarious' because I was laughing a lot. :)

7. Smokemare

Thank goodness that's cleared up! Yes, I borrowed a book about Illustrissimo and it was very interesting. It completely redefines what you think of as the spectrum of martial artists, when you've grown up watching people go to the karate/Kung Fu/Taekwondo clubs - do a bit of sparring, practice a form or two then go home to play on their XBOX.

Am I right in the memory that Illustrissimo was the one who was challenged to a duel by a japanese sword master - and the Japanese sword master was so soundly defeated, that he surived, albeit injured and on recovery asked Illustrissimo to be his teacher? Or am I thinking of someone else?

8. Peter Lewis

Glad you found Kali Ilustrisimo of interest. It is an outstanding martial art.

The challenger was from Indonesia and he was defeated almost immediately. He did request instruction from Tatang, but this was declined becuase of overseas work.

9. Smokemare

It's an art I would have liked to train in, but I don't think training in an art of that type and level would fit in with my life at the moment. I need to get back to training at Taekwondo first and foremost - I'm out at the moment because I agreed to be in a play to help someone out and that's taking up too much time.

Mid April I should be back in.

Lol... I'm quite pleased at my memory - considering I stated a very limited knowledge :p.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  10. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I am turning the contents of this thread into a script to be the next action packed blockbuster of the summer.

11. Smokemare

Got a title? Who is playing Miss Waters?

12. KAMAU

KAMAU innocent bystander

still waters run deep could bea desant title:evil:

13. AndrewTheAndroid

I don't have a definitive title, but I was thinking "I'm Out...: The Waters Run Through You."

Miss waters will be played by Dakota Fanning. I'll be played by Hugh Jackman, and you'll be played by either Tom Hanks or Denzel Washington. Peter Lewis will be played by Tony Jaa. Epic Beard Man will be playing himself as your #1 deciple in Smokemare-do.

And of course I can't forget that the movie will be in 3D.

14. Smokemare

I like it - you should pitch it to Lucas Film or Universal Studios! I can just imagine a rainbow coloured, silk robed Denzil Washington showing Beardman the shotgun-do form...

15. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Lucas Film wont touch it unless someone wears a shiney black painted pith helmet who breathes heavy.

16. Peter Lewis

LMAO :turtle:

17. Smokemare

Could we get the actress playing Miss Waters to wear that? It might mean increasing the budget... Unless of course we get the actress to just do a voice over - then hire some whacked out aging wrestler to stomp around in the shiny helmet and mask - dubbing would be no problem because the mouth would be hidden behind the helmet!

Am I a genius or what?! What a brilliant and original idea!

18. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

It'll decrease the budget, cause someone will take their salary down just to have a part

19. AndrewTheAndroid

Sounds good. Lou Farrigno (Hulk) hasn't been doing much lately, so he'd be perfect.

20. Smokemare

When do you start shooting?