I'm getting married on saturday!

Discussion in 'Celebrations!' started by SpikeD, Aug 4, 2011.

1. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Thanks Chimp, I clearly remember you writing a similar post last year, Just after i had proposed, and thinking 'Oh shizzle, there's going to be a ceremony isn't there'.

Crying is always an option, as is blabbering utter nonsense. As for speeches, no sir-ee, that's what the wife will be for. She has no problem with that talking to people bit (and the father in law is the same). My Dad is my best man and i believe his speech is around 4 words long. :evil:

2. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

Congratulations! I remember I was so nervous on my wedding day, they had us sitting up on a platform at the front of the church whilst the bride walked down the aisle. Apparently I sat with my legs wide apart with a stupid grin on my face, the only problem being you shouldn't sit with your legs open when wearing a kilt apparently!!

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I agree with the posts that say "who cares, just have fun".

One tip I give my kids which will work if you are reading a speech is not to try and understand it as you read it.
    Just read it out loud, but do it as though you are not listening or understanding it yourself. This is where people pause and stumble.

Eat, drink, dance stupidly, have fun, because the stupid behaviour will all be forgiven in the morning.

4. SpikeD

I am going to go through the ceremony completely sober, so no alcohol or any other vice till the car ride to the reception where we get a bottle of bubbly to enjoy (I can't stand the stuff so am taking a hip flask of brandy :cool:)

5. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Congrats to Mr and Mrs SpikeD! :D

6. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Congrats to both of you man. I'll agree with everyone else and say just chill out as much as possible and remember to use putting you through the ceremony as leverage on your soon to be wife :evil:

Will there be a wedding video so we can all dress up in front of our computers and pretend we were there?

7. SpikeD

Two chickens and a goat! :cool: That's me sorted for curry for a few weeks.

On a not to dissimilar thread, My wife-to-be works as a vocal entertainer and has worked abroad quite a bit. At one point she worked in Turkey where by a quite elderly *Ahem* gentleman proposed a trade with the father-in-law that involved several Camels. I love to remind her of that. :evil:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  8. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

Grats :)

9. SpikeD

Cheers. Not sure about the video (don't know if it's being filmed or not) but i have no objections to people dressing up. And it's comic-con season perhaps we could merge the two. Mmmmmm super hero outfits *Calls Wonder-Mitch*

:evil:

10. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

wait, you'll make your wife dress up as mitch?

11. thguy

thguy Valued Member

Congrats!! I'm approaching my one year this month! I second not to get drunk. My wife had sparkling apple cider and I only had two glasses of champagne. The night can go fast and it is nice to be able to remember it. Also, some good advice I got is to hold hands with your bride while you are walking around greeting. It is very easy to get pulled in separate directions (depending on the guest list of course) so, always keep each other close. Another think that ended up quite funny for me was the video. We had a video of the reception and I had a mic on. I was breathing heavily throughout the whole video. Sounds like I was sighing the whole time...oh well. So if you have a mic, don't forget that it is on. On top of that...when your up there no one else matters. It felt like it was just her and me. We hardly took our eyes off of each other. Have fun... I love being married!! I wish you and your new wife the best!

12. slickoneuk

slickoneuk Member Supporter

Grasp every second, it will go by in a flash! It is an amazing experiance! Wear a kilt!

13. SpikeD

You sound surprised. Isn't it every male MAP members dream to marry a Mitch? Especially in the Wonder Woman outfit. :love:

14. SpikeD

Doesn't abject terror affect certain areas the same way as cold water does? Definately no Kilt then. :hat:

15. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

Dude, just focus on one thing, you're not talking to ANYONE other than HER! No one else matters - hell, I didnt even NOTICE anyone else when I got married the first time, lol. You'll be fine man. But most importantly CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

16. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

way cool. Genuine congratulations :) Just don't drink too much. Slurring the words 'I do' is not going to make you popular.

17. SpikeD

Alcohol will be thrust upon me throughout the night.

And promptly poured into a hip flask (or two) for later enjoyment. :evil:

As for slurring, I'm a brummie so i speak so fast that we call it spitting. :evil:

18. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I would totally recommend filming it though I wouldn't hire anyone in. I bought an High Def HDD camcorder and got a mate with a variety of tripods to film the event. Got some cracking video and best of all it isn't married but awful love songs and heart fades that professional videographers would have done to your video.

My video is raw, edgy and with tracking shots that have you right in the action. Think Grindhouse but less killing and Machete...

19. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Congrats dude!

Weddings are a nightmare...but more importantly..

where was our invites to the stag??!!

20. Kongrats ;):)

Osu!