I'm Back...

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Matias, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Pew Pew

2. joemoplata

joemoplata Valued Member

No worries Matt, let's keep it about Martial Arts.

What exactly is your background there again? Can you give us your credentials?

Credentials leads to credibility, credibility leads to respect.

3. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Look guys,

We've all missed the real point here. Something that is very easy to overlook. I've done it a few times and need to take my share of the blame. So here it goes. Let's all try to remember that:

[​IMG]

4. joemoplata

joemoplata Valued Member

Thank you for reminding me, I got distracted there for a second. I really need to stay concentrated on these important things.

5. Matias

Matias Smoky Fist

There we go. As you know, I am inexperienced. I did 7 years of TKD. That's pretty much it. But I found a club where I am so I think those years will grow.

So what you are saying is that I have no credibility....and no respect....I rest my case...:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  6. Llamageddon

Matt,

As you can see, you face an uphill battle if you want to be respected at MAP and, by the sounds of it, anywhere else. We're quite a trusting bunch and we'll give anyone a chance, but when you decide to betray that trust we don't like it very much.

So if I were you I'd come clean now and get on with it, or I'd disappear. Up to you.

7. joemoplata

joemoplata Valued Member

Insecure much?

I didn't say anything, I simply asked what your credentials were. So what you're saying is that at 13 years old, you've had 7 years of TKD? I just wanted to establish that moving forward, in case you feel so inclined as to start giving advice to people about training in other arts or talking about starting your own Martial Art as you seemed so happy to do on other forums.

8. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

9. Matias

Matias Smoky Fist

Oh, then very good :D. Yes seven years is not nearly enoguh to even begin thinking about creating an art. But, that was to train myself; which will not be necessary now that I've found a good club. And yes, I will limit my advice to that in my field.

10. Matias

Matias Smoky Fist

That's what I am tryng to do. But...personal grudges set quite a few obstacles :confused:

11. joemoplata

joemoplata Valued Member

Yeah, how weird that on an internet forum there would actually be an argument!

:rolleyes:

12. Llamageddon

I don't know if I'd call them grudges. And even if they are, you're the one responsible for them.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and call this particular bit 'Troll lesson number two: The Importance of Being Earnest'.

[​IMG]

13. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Apology accepted.

14. Matias

Matias Smoky Fist

yes. I know I am 100% responsible for them. That is exactly why I am, trying at least, to come clean and start over.

15. joemoplata

joemoplata Valued Member

LOL @ personal grudges!

You come to one forum claiming that the guys from this forum sucked, then within like 4 days get completely smashed down and banned from that forum, then come BACK to this forum and bash the guys from the OTHER forum!

It's pathetic and weak dude.

I can't speak for the guys here because I am not a regular on this forum (not for any real reason, I just haven't posted much here) but I can say that on the other forum where I am a regular the guys there consider themselves true Martial Artists that try to embody the "Warrior Spirit", if you will. It's nothing personal dude, we just have no time for someone like you who has no understanding of what that means.

16. Matias

Matias Smoky Fist

You are talking about mine, right? Sorry, but it has been quite an eventful thread :bang:

17. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Come on guys the dude's owned up to BSing and is at least seeming to try to come clean. I don't use any other forums (why would I? :D) so I dunno what happened there but at least give the bloke a chance. I enjoyed flaming him as much as anyone else, although admittedly I did it with people on msn not to his face, but cut the man some slack.

Matt with the whole age thing it counts for very little on here. Koyo is the oldest guy I can think of on here but thats not why he has as much respect as he does its his experiance and life wisdom. and he will probably kill me for that.
    On the flipside I was 14 when I joined map and am still reasonably young by MAP's standards but I've very very rarely been knocked back just based on that.

Anyway I'm perfectly happy to give you another chance dude just dont balls it up :cool:

18. Matias

Matias Smoky Fist

I will continue digging int his pointless hole. You are 100% right. That is why I am admiting, apologizing, and doing everything in my power to start off clean. I may not have seen it before, but this is the place to learn. Again, I am deeply sorry to M.A.P. and to MA forums. Both are great places and I feel like a rat's bubonic ass for not respecting that.

19. Matias

Matias Smoky Fist

Wooooooooooooooo :)

20. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

LOL I go take a shower then come back and....pretty much right with your 15 mins haha.

We got accused in just this same way when we called out a troll once on his BS on a Detroit red wings forum and I could pretty much put this into his posts there. We were 'polluting the forum with our language and insults' because we called him out on his BS so we were the ones who were childish.

That and Llama and Moosey are cracking me up with their pics!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.