Illegal immigration - Does it unduly affect US crime rates?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Anjelica, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

She already said she doesn't do stats...duh!

Plus you can prove anything with facts.....what we here is vitriol and opinion masquerading as truth!

pgsmith, Dead_pool and axelb like this.
  2. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

Like I said you don't live here. You don't know. There is a reason the ranchers don't leave the house unarmed.

3. Hannibal

Paranoia does not equal reality

philosoraptor and axelb like this.
  4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Or high school kids, it seems.

Still, no issue here, apparently.

axelb likes this.
  5. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I live here and I dispute what you say. I live right on the border. Have done so for almost 50 years. Right In San Diego, we have one of the lower crime rates for a major city. For example: FBI: San Diego Has Lowest Murder Rate of Any Big American City - Times of San Diego

Where do you live? How close to the border?

I echo Simon, how about backing up your claims with statistics? And I want to see the sources for your statistics. My news story is based on FBI crime stats. Your turn.

And I echo what others say here, regardless of whether you think one drug should be legal or not, it isn't. And you are being really hypocritical, being a convicted drug dealer in America talking about illegal immigrants committing crimes.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    David Harrison, axelb and Hannibal like this.
  6. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

7. Simon

Let's go back to this.

And this.

8. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

9. Simon

Evasion duly noted.

In addition the stats of one state don't paint the picture of an entire country.

Seems to me the young Americans are the ones to listen to.

10. Hannibal

Paranoid ramblings form a right wing fluff site

Seriously, give your head a shake

axelb likes this.
  11. Hannibal

David Harrison and philosoraptor like this.
  12. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

What kind of game are you playing here? You refuse to accept any facts that contradict the myths you believe. I have questioned a lot of things I was taught as a kid but you don't have that courage. You're not worth talking to.

13. Hannibal

"Facts" - we clearly have a very different definition of what that actually means

14. Hannibal

Shame you didn't question whether drug dealing was a good idea or not

15. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

It was the lure of easy money. I made a mistake.

16. Simon

Let's see what we are talking about here.

Seems to me you are blaming "illegals" for a lot of the crime in the US and also that guns are for good.

Lets argue those facts.

Not propaganda, but facts.

axelb and Hannibal like this.
  17. Simon

Now imagine that statement coming from the mouth of an "illegal".

philosoraptor and Hannibal like this.
  18. Hannibal

YOU are the mythmaker - and an exceptionally ill-educated one at that

Leaving the ADDED stigma of being "illegal" aside for a moment, here are some stats relating to some racial stats within US jails

• In 2014, African Americans constituted 2.3 million, or 34%, of the total 6.8 million correctional population.
    • African Americans are incarcerated at more than 5 times the rate of whites.
    • The imprisonment rate for African American women is twice that of white women.
    • Nationwide, African American children represent 32% of children who are arrested, 42% of children who are detained, and 52% of children whose cases are judicially waived to criminal court.
    • Though African Americans and Hispanics make up approximately 32% of the US population, they comprised 56% of all incarcerated people in 2015.
    • If African Americans and Hispanics were incarcerated at the same rates as whites, prison and jail populations would decline by almost 40%.
    • Drug Sentencing Disparities
    • In the 2015 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, about 17 million whites and 4 million African Americans reported having used an illicit drug within the last month.
    • African Americans and whites use drugs at similar rates, but the imprisonment rate of African Americans for drug charges is almost 6 times that of whites.
    • African Americans represent 12.5% of illicit drug users, but 29% of those arrested for drug offenses and 33% of those incarcerated in state facilities for drug offenses.
    No are "Blacks and Hispanics" a problem, or is this a systemic issue?

Think carefully before you even ATTEMPT an answer

Now, lets ADD the fact you are an "illegal immigrant" - that minor traffic or shoplifting infraction now merits jail time...why? BECAUSE THEIR PRESENCE BY DEFINITION IS ILLEGAL AND THEY HAVE NO STATUS IN THE US

Seriously, this is logic 101....let me guess; you didn't do logic in school either eh?

19. Anwolf

Anwolf Valued Member

Who cares if she dealt weed, doesn't make you a bad person. Selling hard drugs like meth and heroin are a completely different ballpark. Mexico's murder rate is more than 3x higher than the US so to say America is more dangerous is just plain wrong.

20. Hannibal

And not the point being made OR argued

The issue with selling weed is that you cannot decry "all these convicted criminal immigrants ruining society" whilst being a convicted felon yourself - well you can but you will be torn apart for it

Dead_pool likes this.