If you died today...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by QuentinL, Jun 21, 2013.

1. QuentinL

QuentinL A servant

We often don't consider how precious and great a gift life is to us, until somebody close to us passes away. Even then, the feeling of sadness wears of and we begin to take life for granted again. With this thought, I ask the question:

If you knew that you would die within the next 12 hours, (realistically) how would you choose to spend your next 12 hours?

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I would probably just take a bunch of NyQuil 4 hours prior to death so I could be asleep for the death part honestly.

(seriously, that's probably what I would do)

3. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

A lot of sex and booze and some quiet time with the trees. Maybe fit in a bit of BJJ and scuba diving as well. Round it up with eating as much ice cream as I like and drinking champagne and more sex. On my tombstone you can just write "He died as he lived."

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  4. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

praying to the flying spaghetti monster. i so long to be touched by his noodly appendage.

5. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

Take out a giant, mega sized life insurance policy.
    Take some steps to assure care of family members that will need it.
    Set various other things in order...

None of that sounds very fun. Now I am depressed.:cry:

Anyways, with the rest of the time left, have as good a time as I possibly can!

6. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Got to put your affairs in order and 12 hours is not enough time to do it properly.

On the upside, the paperwork will take your mind of it.

7. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

To be honest, I doubt I would spend the 12 hours any differently than if I wasn't Dying - Anything else would feel like an insult to the Life I was already Living, and the people I am already spending my time with - Not saying my Life is perfect, but I am Living the Life that I have chosen, and that is enough for me.

Travess

8. QuentinL

QuentinL A servant

Just a reminder of how we take everyday life for granted. And to think, what's stopping you from contracting a fatal illness suddenly. This may be scary, but look at the positive side of life. Go outside and get some fresh air, a new day awaits you full of opportunities and friendly encounters.
    :)

9. Ero-Sennin

You posted this thread just to say those motivational words to somebody didn't you :kick:

10. QuentinL

QuentinL A servant

Well, I certainly am not currently in the state of dying, so I'm not trying to look for ideas of what to do before I die!
    I'd like to think I motivate people sometimes :hat:
    Have you ever experienced a near-death experience?

11. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Beg all of the mma women, and possibly some of the men, at my gym for an orgy. Then cry for the next 11 hours and 50 minutes

12. asphalt666

asphalt666 Valued Member

Just thinking about it got my eyes filled with tears... and I'm at work, my co-workers are wondering what's going on, but I can't tell I'm on a forum and not actually working...explain that now :eek:

I would definately spend the remaining hours with my son, making sure that he will be fine in life, you know those kind of stuff a dad needs to do for his son, but rushed in a twelve hour intensive class... Saying goodbyes to close relatives too... and probably regretting all the times I've been working/training instead than spending time with loved one ;)

... Now I'm leaving my office for a while until my eyes dry a little lol

13. Ero-Sennin

Yep, a few times. There was a point in my life I could convince myself my next step was going to get me blown up and make my heart jump into my throat. I used to do it to myself for kicks because it was a legit circumstance that could happen :p . Few other moment I don't really care to share though.

I'm currently bed-ridden from a severe concussion (that probably wasn't a sever concussion, I just screwed myself by hopping back to working out hard) that has me all loopy and discombobulated. When I didn't know what it was I certainly was scared/worried about my life. Not knowing why I was falling over, feeling an extreme amount of anxiety, dizzy and nauseous out of nowhere was a bit of a stressful situation for me. Especially since I've never really been so sick I can't take care of myself so far in my life. Can't lie and say I haven't grown a stronger appreciation for the things I do have and how lucky I am since I haven't been able to really take care of myself recently.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  14. QuentinL

QuentinL A servant

Sorry about that, but seemed like a good deal (except for the pain involved). That's what life is for; these challenges build us up stronger physically, mentally, and perhaps spiritually too.

15. Ero-Sennin

Or just make you slam down some NyQuill so you don't have to deal with the emotions of your last hours :p

16. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

Hmm somber..

I would write a few letters, for my younger brother etc. Would not tell anyone at all. Try and sort some affairs out, tell some people some things I have not gotten around to......

Then probably go camping, with Jack Daniels. Or I would jump out of a plane with no PS.

Hmm interesting

Thanks
    Raz

17. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Throw a party celebrating the fact it's going to happen, and rob a bank. I'm not sure if it would be in that order though :/

18. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  19. QuentinL

QuentinL A servant

Do you have lung cancer?

20. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

If I do, I won't spend time on internet discussion. :) I always enjoy pipe smoking until one day it started to affect my MA training. MA training won't have any meaning if I only have one day to live.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013