If Attacked where do you strike

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by tai-gip, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Most people want to protect their face. Therefore, go for the solar plexis...hurts like a you know what...

2. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

you're right Kwajman it does, i got kicked in the solar plexus @ a tournament before, it hurt like H.E.L.L. also no reflex for that area like the eyes or the groin.

Originally posted by Hedgehogey:
    Hedgehogey. If you ever get any time off making sweepingly negative statements, would you mind telling me the reason why it's a crappy strategy?

3. chib

chib New Member

It's a crappy strategy.
    This statement although impolite is one i can agree with, i have finger jabbed a few peoples eyes and the reflex action is for them to fall to the groung screaming and i mean screaming, then you can stick the boot into their face as they are on their knees at this point, i havent come across anyone that is left standing upright after being poked in the eyes

4. Kenpo Kicker

Kenpo Kicker New Member

nose
    temple
    throat(usually with chokes ppl panic when you put em in a choke)
    jaw
    groin
    knees
    solarplex
    kidneys
    spine
    eyes
    back of the head
    collar bone
    ribs
    inner thigh
    ears
    elbows

example from a street fight strategy I had: We set up the fight though. Immediately I front kicked the guy in the solarplex(around that area not sure if I hit bone) grabbed his head and repeadly kneed him in the nose. I have also used knees in clinches and struck the solarplex successfully with good results.

In one case (when I was in middle school) some huge bully (I provoked him though :( we became friends later in life) tried to stick my head in the tolet. I spun out of his hold when struggling. I kicked him in his knee and ran. I didn't break his knee but he had alot of pain. I didn't want to break the knee so I did not hit him my hardest there.

Last edited: May 12, 2004
  5. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

Unarmed: Eyes with a boshi-ken fist or with blinding powder
    Edged Weapon: Neck
    Blunt Weapon: Side of the head or knee

6. hedgehogey

hedgehogey Banned Banned

Sure.

This is EXTREMELY hard to hit on a resisting person. Small target + small weaon = practical impossibility. It's very hard to hit a target as big as the face when you're adrenalized. You're seriously gonna hit his eyes?

Also:
    1) The defense to this attack is extremely simple: Blink.
    2) You're a lot more likely to hurt your fingers than his eyes.

Gyaku Zuki (reverse punch) almost never works, especially aimed at the solar plexus.
    This is because it requires you to drop your hands.
    Dropping your hands leads to LIGHTS OUT.
    Also, a man can suck up a blow to the SP. At my gym we do plenty of knees to the body when we thai box. Never even been phased by a blow to the SP.
    The entire history of kickboxing and MMA bears this out. REVERSE PUNCHES ALMOST NEVER WORK.

7. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

Hedgehogey -i suspect this is because there's too much surface area on a knee strike to affect the solar plexus.

8. agent

agent New Member

Sidekick to chin: Instant knockout

9. Kagebushi

Kagebushi New Member

not if you train enough. or use CONTROL.

ok i have an experiment. close your eyes. poke them at combat power. then tell me whether your fingers or your eyes hurt. :cool:

10. K93200

K93200 Banned Banned

HAHA ONE OF MY FAVORITES!

11. Kagebushi

Kagebushi New Member

try driving through with a boshi ken. it should have a lot more effect, since you only use your thumb and one knuckle.

a boshi ken is a fist with the thumb clamped down on the first finger with the first finger's knuckle extended so you hit with the second knuckle (from the hand, not the fingertip) they will support eachother. you wont hurt yourself if you hit semisoft targets-ribs, solar plexus, carotid artery, etc.

12. raitei

raitei Valued Member

I feel that this line of thinking is preparation which doesn't get you far in a real fight. I hate to use this analogy, but it is kind of like talking about where you plan to vomit if you suddenly feel sick. Perhaps a plan would work out if the conditions were the same. However the enviroment is constantly changing and it is the responsibility of a budoka to flow with this change. Planning will hinder this natural flow. That is why people are told to practice the kata and then "throw them away."

13. chubby dragon

chubby dragon New Member

I agree with Raitei. Apparently one special forces saying is 'The first casualty of contact with the enemy is always the plan'. I was unlucky enough to get into a lot of fights growing up, and, as s/one else put it somewhere else on this site, 'most people don't rise to the level of their expectations, they drop to the level of their training.'

(Sorry for being a quote fetishist :eek: )

14. dingo983

dingo983 New Member

I like to target the eyes, throat and groin. People tend to panic or give up quickly when they are aggressively targeted.

15. L3vity

L3vity Resident poet

Front kick to the groin
    *attacker doubles over in pain*
    Front kick to the face
    *attacker falls backward with bloodied face*
    *L3vity walks away safely*

16. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

if attacked go for the eyes or throat,then you have the option whether to walk/run away

17. RoninCelt

RoninCelt Valued Member

Well, as so many have said about planning and what shoulda/woulda/coulda been--until reality hits :D, there are many things we could say we'd do. But generally, I go with what my adrenaline-saturated brain could handle in a real situation, which is: go where they aren't defending: low, middle or high. Plenty of targets in each to end the fight with a couple of strikes, or an off-balancing push or throw.

18. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

Bsclf

Eyes throat and nuts.

19. Otataral

Otataral Sapientes Gladio

I was actually jumped by two guys the other day when they tried to mug me. They jump me on my way home from work and hit me in the back of the head with a brick. after rolling around the ground i told up i gave up, they let me up and waited for me to hand them my wallet. I striked with a hard punch to the one guys neck then a kick as hard as i could do to the other guys knee. After which i ran my ass out of there.

in short neck and where ever else i can thats free to hit.

20. RoninCelt

RoninCelt Valued Member

Perfect! Congratulations. :D