If Aikido is so hard to learn why do people half way do it?

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by James Smith, Mar 12, 2006.

1. James Smith

James Smith Banned Banned

If Aikido is so hard to learn why do people half way do it. People should train to be as efficent as possible as quickly as possible. I would think part time martial artist would be less common in Aikido. 4 hours a week isn't going to cut it.

2. Sankaku-jime

Sankaku-jime Banned Banned

depends on what your goals are and why you train

3. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

The quality of teaching is what matters most. Not the quantity. If you have both in abundance then you've won a watch. Sadley however we don't all find ourselves in that situation. So we do what we can.

Personaly I don't see what the rush is. We have our whole lives ahead of us to study Aikido.

4. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

Not to mention the fact that many of us already HAVE lives. Aikido, indeed any martial art I have taken, takes a back seat to work, family and friends.

5. Evil Betty

Evil Betty Birdy, birdy birdy

What do you mean by "half way do it"? I know a few Aikido guys who certainly don't half-ass the art.

6. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

one of my local aikido schools has 4-5 lessons around the city (different locations)... unless you travel you will not get the tuition.

some people have a busy life where it is not as easy to dedicate 5-6 hours a week to a martial art.

3 hours a week is better than none in many cases, it all depends on the student practicing at home

7. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Ah I see the troll has made his way over here :eek:

Ignore him guys he's collecting er "quotes" for another forum!