Idiot Pacquiao re-signs with Top Rank

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Saved_in_Blood, May 20, 2014.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Every single promotion and promoter pretty much exsanguinates their fighters and throws them away empty

Pacquiao chose the devil he knows over the devil he doesn't - he isn't stupid and will have pretty much worked out the details behind closed doors. To think that you have any idea what is in that contract is laughable

Think about it logically - if some no mark on the internet "knows" (translated: "speculates") about the state of his financial affairs do you REALLY think he has no idea what is going on and has taken steps to deal with it?

The Mayweather fight won't happen because both sides are playing games...and no one really cares anymore because Pac is past his peak and PBF looks more bored than usual and is just riding out his win record to a level he is happy with

2. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

Sum of the tale.

It seems SiB is making a hobby out of researching Pacquiao's financial "situation" but my advice is that there are better ways to spend one's time.

You can do all the internet research you want, but you'll never know all the actual facts so any concerns or whatnot you have are based on incomplete data.

And to quote a relevant nugget of wisdom "never believe everything you hear in the news."

3. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

lol, I hardly live my life based on what Manny or Floyd does with their money... Manny had a very bad gambling problem along with many other issues that cost him a lot of money. He's made himself a better man now and that is why he is past his peak... he doesn't want to use anymore in order to get his wins. Don't tell me that right after the Marquez fight he suddenly just lost all of his power when he couldn't take Rios (who is there to be hit whenever) out the same way he could hurt much bigger and stronger fighters. That was also Rios' first fight at 147.

You don't have to go by what I say, go by what VisionQwest said about Manny, he's the one who hired them and then they had to go after him after he didn't pay them for their services... read all the articles out there. Financial records are public knowledge in the U.S. I don't know about the U.K or other countries, so it's not hard to find out whether the subject at hand is true or not.

4. Saved_in_Blood

No, I actually really don't think he has much of a clue as to what is going on. He trusts in people such as Koncz who is robbing him blind and just keeps on trusting him anyway no matter what others have told him.

What's laughable is that maybe I don't know what is all involved in his contract, but that you believe you know better than me when I follow boxing constantly, yet you think you have a better idea than me, when I at least keep up with it. You have less of an idea than I do even if I am wrong.

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

You have no way of knowing this and we are permitted differences of opinion.

6. Hannibal

What makes you think I don't follow boxing?

Believe me I do; Aside form my own interest my brother is a walking encyclopedia on the game - past, present and future

If it is on the internet then Pac knows about it already - end of discussion

7. Saved_in_Blood

I don't recall ever saying that we couldn't have a difference of opinion.

8. Hannibal

The assumption you made was I know less than you about it because i have a differing viewpoint - I think that was what Simon was referring to

9. Saved_in_Blood

I'm not making an assumption... I know you know less than me about the situation lol.

10. Saved_in_Blood

at least I got the boxing forum some extra activity today :)

11. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Yes, I always thought the boxing forum needed more squabbling over stuff that has nothing to do with boxing.

12. holyheadjch

Reading TMZ doesn't make you an expert on the Kardashians any more than reading boxing websites makes you an expert on Pac's contract negotiations.

13. Saved_in_Blood

This isn't just from boxing websites, what I have posted prior was a fact according to visionqwest that manny was and is getting ripped off.

14. Saved_in_Blood

And if you want to find something that says that I'm wrong, please do post the source and I will gladly admit it.

15. holyheadjch

What Visionqwest said was that his accounting was a mess and that his tax issues would continue until they were sorted. Manny terminated his contract with them before they could complete their investigation.

Manny is a grown man. He can make his own choices and is responsible for his own mistakes.

16. Saved_in_Blood

Exactly, which is why I used the word "idiot"

17. Hannibal

Whatever helps you sleep at night :)

18. Saved_in_Blood

Muscle relaxers for my arthritic back :(

19. Hannibal

Still no better man? That sucks :(

20. Saved_in_Blood

ehh, oddly enough doing my kickboxing classes doesn't bother it... but little things like just vacuuming my car put me quite a bit of pain for a few days. I am taking this joint stuff called flexacil which has really helped overall pain though.