Ian Cameron

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by KICKALOT, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

sorry Aegis and me a religious man aswell. oops

2. JSun

JSun Valued Member

No, I'd guess he was 50+ years old.

We started this particular practice with the 1st technique of our most recent set.

Thanks, I do what I can

So, yea, I get the technique out of the book, but I also ask the upperbelt I'm working with to perform the technique on me to "feel" what the technique should be executed like properly.

I generally work my way through the hyung on my own time and then cruise up to the dojang during the JKN class and watch them go through the forms to pick up the seque between the images in the textbook.

Right on. I just finished Joong Geup Sohn Mohk Soo so I'm about to tackel Ahp Eue Bok Soo. Too me, these techniques don't relate as well to the fundamental sets they're based on. Maybe that's why they take a little longer to learn?

3. ember

ember Valued Member

In that case he may have medical reasons for difficulty, such as a history of strokes or microstrokes. I recommend you trust your instructors to know about it and be handling it appropriately.

Well, that definitely helps. It's how I knew mak cha gi # 6 before being "taught" it. But there are some details that get added over time, that are hard to pick up by being a partner for techniques.

That's another start... I mostly learned Joong Geup Hyung by watching an upper belt practice it for tournament. I'd been shown it as a yellow belt, but wasn't able to work on it in class for that month or so.

Ahp Eue Bok Soo is just a LONG set, 20 techniques. And Dee Eue Bok Soo has 23. I don't remember having too many problems with Joong Geup Sohn Mohk Soo. Ahp Eue Bok Soo #s 2 & 3 are a little complicated, but I think the rest of the set builds pretty well.

They don't just build on Sohn Mok Soo / Ahn Sohn Mok Soo or Eue Bok Soo. They also build on other sets. Like Ahp Eue Bok Soo #4 sort of builds on Joong Geup Sohn Mok Soo #4.

4. BlackDragon

BlackDragon New Member

I hate to say it but there is this stuff in every art NO MATTER, what are you want to do. No matter what art is on the forum. There is always going to be someone that has hidden plans for things. You just have to ask yourself.
    Which is more important, that art that you love. Or the BS of a loud mouth that has nothing better to do with there time.
    The choice is yours and I hope you chose the right one.

5. Mista.Eastah

Mista.Eastah New Member

I'm reviving this... Because this is what I come across while searching for my Granddad's name on the internet.

Yes Ian Cameron the Kuk sool won instructor your bitching about is my granddad :)
    He's a very nice man (scary though)

I was tought by John ives who always was my granddads instructor. but when i got to my Brown belt and 5th dan at the age of 9 years old, my grandad trained my in inverness when my family moved to scotland. I promoted to blackbelt at the age of 11 under my granddads instruction. He's a very very good instructor and all of his students addore him!

I know him, if he has something nasty to say about anyone. He'd tell you to your face

ID KINDLY ASK FOR THIS THREAD TO ME REMOVED

Oh and If i remember correctly, Our school in Inverness won the Europian championship in 2008? (Date is probably wrong, I had left Kuk Sool Won almost 6 years ago now)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  6. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I'm disappointed this wasn't about who I hoped it was

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

This thread will not be removed.

It was lying dormant for several years, so I see no reason to change things now.

8. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Thread resurrection may have moved it up the google search positions...oops

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  9. nym

nym Valued Member

When an idiot goes into your school and breaks ribs and dislocates the shoulder on two of your students gives Ian the right to slag him off.

10. gapjumper

Eh? Can you expand on that?

Was Ian in the wrong or are you saying someone else was???

11. nym

nym Valued Member

Daza and one of his idiots went to Ian's school while he was away and hurt his students, got drunk and caused trouble in the town and I think got arrested. So Ian as I say has a right to slag him in public or private

12. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

You "think" he got arrested.

We need to be very careful what claims are made here, especially if the facts are sketchy.

In addition, slagging people off is not acceptable on MAP.

Please keep that in mind in future posts.

13. nym

nym Valued Member

Ian could fill everyone on the full story, daza has been arrested before and I started a thread on it but got slagged of for telling the truth.

14. nym

nym Valued Member

By the way I'm not slagging anyone of. Just saying what I was told, from the horses mouth.

15. gapjumper

Maybe he'd be better off telling the story directly.

Is he on here?

16. nym

nym Valued Member

I don't think Ian does MAP you can google him and find his email and ask him. Everyone knows the story. I heard the Suh boys are a little scared of him that's by he's still in the WKSA, as daza would say the Suh's hit like irks they can't hurt him ;)

17. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Seriously, you need to stop with the things you heard and the things you think.

If you want to make accusations that someone was arrested you really need to supply evidence or you're nothing more than a gossip.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I am saying that if you make serious accusations you need to have evidence or you are no better than the people we are all trying to rid the martial arts of.

Mitch

18. nym

nym Valued Member

Daza being arrested IS public knowledge he was tagged for quiet awhile, not making any accusation just stating facts, google is amazing its all there f you look.
    Personally I think Daza s an amazing guy just the image the Suh's need, n just missing the autograph.

19. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Again, I'm not doubting you, I'm asking you to post evidence to back up your claims, not expect others to do the legwork.

Please post evidence with such claims :)

Mitch

20. nym

nym Valued Member